Bankruptcy Questions.....

  • Trooper753@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2003
      a few years ago i went through ovarian cancer and awicked car accidnet back to back.  was out of work for what seemed like forever- was bedridden for a long time.  things were fincancially horrible and i talked to a bankrutcy attorney.  decided to file for chapter 13 as i was hoping to go back to work soon, and didnt want to lose myhome.  well the creditor matrix wasnt turned in within the time limit- 20 days i beleive.  so the attorney said we should file a whole new bankruptcy.  so i refiled, then the attorney said that my mother would be the correct person to file as the home was financed in her name- i made all payments (new mobile home) and after two years - ti was supposedly put in my name.  well during this bankruptcy filing, we find out its not in my name and i am probably going to lsoe it anyway.  so my mother filed, but after i had asked the court for an emergency injunction to keep them from taking the home.
      anyway- i never went through with the bankruptcy- went back to work the following month lost my home anyway!
      i recently found out that these two bankruptcies are still on my creidt report 24 days between them, and equifax wont take them off.  i have written to the judge for the case and asked him to expunge them.  the clerks office says he wont as they dont do that sort of thing.  i didnt get into copyrights and ucc1 yet with them.  i am being nice to the court until they piss me off.
      my question is- i am not as knowledgable as i would like to be in bankruptcy- it isnt my forte, however, in paralegal clasees i got an 'A' in that.  go figure!  i know each person on these lists has various gifts so i am asking for your help with this so i can have my life back.  as far as contractual situations go- there is no agreemnt per se that can bind me in this commercial situation.  there lacks consideration to some degree.  i was never made aware by the attorney that this would be detrimental to my credit for 10 years anyway ecven if i dont go through with it- had i known- i would have just follwoed through with it and recieve d a benefit that i am being crucified for not getting now.
      any insight would help.  i am exhausted lately- very run down and have been sick as well.  figured i would get help and bounce it around on the fav. lists where everyone has so much insight....
      char