Re: [tips_and_tricks] Fw: Pledge of Alligiance made 'politically correct'

  • joann
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15, 2003
      Yes.... I disagree that all men and women ARE created equal. It is obvious that some are NOT equal in intelligence...others not equal in physical prowess... others not equal in musical ability, etc.
      So under WHAT guidelines do you include this? WHO sets the standard for 'equality'?

      From: Ed

      A New Pledge of Alligiance to Americanism;

      We hold these Truths to be Self-Evident, that All Men and Women are Created Equal, Endowed by their Creator with Certain Unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness, that Government exists by Consent of the Governed, to Secure these Rights, for this  Nation, known as America, as a Nation Under the the Laws of Nature and Natures God, for the preservation of the Blessings of Liberty and the establishment of Justice.

      Any objections?

      Ed
      www.informed.org

      Ed