Re: [tips_and_tricks] What is "VERIFICATION" of a debt?

  • Advancepum@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 2, 2003
      You need to demand direct coppies of the documents that you wish to get. I demand first generation copies.
      here is the letter I give people to send
      I am in receipt of your unsigned letter dated  ___________ which I just received today and which am taking as a notice of court action  on account #005 067878 I am therefore sending this letter as per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.  .
      Pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act you are hereby required to Produce and Present the Following (all documents sent to me must be certified to be direct copies of the originals):
      1. Please produce and present the contract I signed making me liable for the debt your letter alleges.
      2. Please produce and present signed documents evidencing that you have authority from ____to make this presentment on their behalf.
      3. Please produce and present evidence in the form of signed contracts making me liable for the amount of debt your letter alleges.
      You are to present me with 1st generation copies of all demanded documents.. I will demand originals of all documents refereed to here in court

      Also Enclosed, please find material for the immediate attention of your or your bank's legal and finance departments.

      This is constructive notice that I am disputing the validity of this alleged debt, and it's originating contract for reasons and causes including but not limited to constructive fraud, fraud on the contract, and fraudulent conveyance.

      This alleged debt will stand invalid and hereby disputed, until the following questions and demand for documentation are satisfactorily addressed by you:

      1.    Is this bank regularly examined by employees of Thrift Supervision?
      2.    Does this bank follow the monetary expansion rules laid out in the Federal Reserve publication 'Modern Money Mechanics'?
      3.    Does this bank employ the 'transaction concept' of money, as revealed in the Federal Reserve Manual named above?
      4.    Did this bank accept some form of 'promissory note' and exchange it for a bank 'liability' to open this particular account?
      5.    Did the bank also raise an 'asset' in the same account when it was opened?
      6.    Did the bank use my signature on the note to raise this asset?
      7.    Is it the bank's policy to return or refund this asset to me?
      8.    Where in the contract was I informed of this use of my signature?
      9.    Please produce certified copies of the initial balance sheets for the account in question.
      10.  Please produce what the bank considers to be the entire promissory note.
      11.  Please produce what the bank considers the entire alleged agreement.
      12   Please produce all contracts which together are construed to make up the entire amount which you are alleging that I owe your client.
      13   Please produce a contract which specifically authorizes you to come after me for this amount.
      You are now informed that if this bank should decide to litigate against me, I will counterclaim for causes including but not limited to constructive fraud, fraud on the contract, and fraudulent conveyance.

      You are now also informed that I allege that the cost and risk in the note was misrepresented and has shifted, as revealed by the money trail.

      I will seek more in discovery.   Please prepare your (or your client's )chief auditor to address the above in interrogatories.    Also, Thrift will have to be subpoenaed as they won't come if I just invite them; they will be deposed as experts.   Thrift has grudgingly confirmed the above in other cases and I do not expect they appreciate that role being thrust on them.

      You are now informed that, having properly challenged and disputed the validity of the alleged 'debt', I require answers to the above, as is due.   Failure to answer is prima fascia evidence of this bank's intent to dodge the issue, and possibly continue fraudulent collection, or post information that would damage me.

      My position is clear: this bank's unconscionable contract of adhesion is void, ab initio, for causes of action including, but not limited to, fraud in the contract.     It will be construed against them as a standard of review.     Failure to discharge the account will be considered continuing acts of fraud, which are actionable.    I will demand the return of my original asset; the bank can't have it both ways, using the initial note as both instrument and funds.

      Our differences are ones of fact, and only a jury may decide them.     I don't believe a jury is going to like what they will discover the bank actually does to them.

      If I do not receive a proper response from you within 30 days, I will assume this matter to be closed by both you and the bank as you are their agents.    Reporting this account as anything but 'discharged', or any further collection effort without satisfying the above will be considered an act of extreme harassment, and may be dealt with accordingly.

      This and all records regarding this case are made and kept as evidence for a jury.

      Notice to the agent is notice to the principal.

      Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
      Very truly yours,

      CAVEAT
      Notice is hereby given that Title 15 U.S.C sec.1692 establishes fair debt collection practices, sub-section (e) of said statute establishes "false or misleading representation", "misleading representations" include the false representation of the "charter" or legal status of any debt. It also makes the threat to take "any action" that can not legally be taken as a "defective practice" I feel it is my obligation now to remind you that you are already in "default" and have acted in bad faith and with now "unclean hands". You have 10 days from receipt of this letter, to respond on a point by point basis under the penalties of perjury. Your failure to respond may be estoppel from proceeding in this matter. If you need more time with which to respond contact me with good cause at the above listed mailing location within the allotted time and an extension may be granted.
      The following "Proof of service" will be completed upon mailing this notice, although it is not possible to complete this one because the envelope is sealed prior to mailing::

      For  proof of service you can do a certified mail or a  Postal Form 3817 Mar 1989 you can get in the post office which costs only $0.90to mail

      Hello,

        I am trying desperately to understand what the legal meaning and expectation of the words “Validation” or “Verification” is.   When these terms are used with letters to Creditors in order to demand proof of a debt these Creditors are erroneously returning copies of computer generated accounts and other receipts etc..  I am trying to determine where is the statutory definition of these terms or are there court case references that can be so used to determine the correct, definitive and ultimate clear meaning/expectation when used?

    • Ringo
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 2, 2003
        Verification is that they have an account number and
        your address. Having statements of a debt also
        qualifies under verification.

        Validation is that they have your signature on a
        contract. If it is a collection agency, that you see
        the contract between them and the original creditor
        plus the original contract that you signed.

        The burden of proof is much greater with a validation.

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Robert Riggins
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 2, 2003
          Keith: Verification simply means they (debt collectors) have information such as your name and address, etc. Validation means they the debt collectors must have a signed contract with the collector and you, which they do not! Bob

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 4, 2003
            I must disagree with your response to VALIDATION.  A collection agency CANNOT provide a valid contract between you and them. Even if the contract was sold to the collection agency it is NOT valid because it would be a unilateral contract of which you did not sign. NO CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 5, 2003
              This is a nice "theory" but, if a collection agency buys the debt and sues
              you and this is your defense, I can tell you the judge will say something
              like "They bought the debt and you owe it to them. Judgment for the
              plaintiff." That is a quote from a real case. If you can provide any court
              cites in which the purchaser of a debt lost because he didn't have a
              contract with the purchaser, I would very much like to read them.

              What is more likely to work in these cases is that many times the purchaser
              of these debts does not have proof that they actually purchased the debt and
              what the terms of that alleged purchase were. Many times this are purchased
              under a master sales agreement and they never produce that agreement or the
              list of accounts purchased at a specific time, they will try to use a sworn
              written statement by an alleged officer of the collection agency but this is
              a self serving statement that I would object to. I have had wins where they
              wouldn't produce the evidence that they actually purchased the debt. The
              terms of the purchase are also important to determine if the seller retained
              any interest in the account.

              Gary

              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 5, 2003
                On Saturday 04 October 2003 11:06, Robert Riggins wrote:
                " I must disagree with your response to VALIDATION. A collection agency
                " CANNOT provide a valid contract between you and them. Even if the
                " contract " was sold to the collection agency it is NOT valid because it
                would be a unilateral contract of which you did not sign.

                You presumably did sign a note. Why would the collection agency not be a
                holder in due course?

                --
                Richard Johnson richard@...
                Cuis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cui bono?
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 6, 2003
                  This is not theory!  I too help people with collection agencies.  Title 15  Fair Debt collection Practices Act spells it out very clearly.  What your sying is that I can purchase your note from anyone and have a valid contract to collect from you.  I don't think so!  Since you and I have not had a "meeting of the mind," and all requirements of a valid contract.
                  If what you are saying about a judge giving judgment against you he/she ois wrong.  You (plural) cannot enforce a non-binding contract.  A collection agency has NO legal remedy unless you make a payment to them thereby creating a contract by admission.
                  And, if the collection agency turnes the debt back to the original creidtor, it cannot be collected on by the original creditor because is has been REPUDIATED!

                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 6, 2003
                    Simply because I have NO CONTRACT with them.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 6, 2003
                      Please state the specific section in the FDCPA that "spells it out very clearly".  The original contract almost always says the contract is valid for the original creditor or it's "assigns" and the courts almost always take that to mean anyone the original creditor sells it to.

                      If you think that the selling of a note invalidates that note, I would very much appreciate any statutes or court cites that you might have to support that as at least 50% of all bank notes are sold at least once and it sure would be nice if those people could just walk away from those debts.

                      Gary

                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 6, 2003
                        You may disagree, but if the original debt has a
                        provision that it may be sold, the court will
                        recognize it. Your only hope is make them prove they
                        individually bought the account!
                        --- Robert Riggins <bobert@...> wrote:
                        > I must disagree with your response to VALIDATION. A
                        > collection agency
                        > CANNOT provide a valid contract between you and
                        > them. Even if the contract
                        > was sold to the collection agency it is NOT valid
                        > because it would be a
                        > unilateral contract of which you did not sign. NO
                        > CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        http://shopping.yahoo.com
                      • scott

                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 6, 2003
                            You must ask for a formal viewing of the documents called bill of sale,
                            amount and your contract assignment over to the new loan. You are only
                            obligated in worse case to pay what the purchaser paid for your contract
                            with the original firm. There is a lot more to this than meets the eye but,
                            how can one be a holder in due course if you have not acknowledged and come
                            to an agreement of the minds with a new collector of your debt. You have no
                            contract with the purchaser of your debt until such time as you acknowledge
                            such by sending in a payment, this can be construed as agreement with the
                            new terms of an existing contract. The other thing I would seriously look
                            at is where is your first right of purchase on your commercial note prior to
                            offering sent out to others? Getting the idea that you are being used and
                            over charged past the legal interest rate in your state on your loan amount!
                            Scott Williams
                            > You may disagree, but if the original debt has a
                            > provision that it may be sold, the court will
                            > recognize it. Your only hope is make them prove they
                            > individually bought the account!
                            > --- Robert Riggins <bobert@...> wrote:
                            > > I must disagree with your response to VALIDATION. A
                            > > collection agency
                            > > CANNOT provide a valid contract between you and
                            > > them. Even if the contract
                            > > was sold to the collection agency it is NOT valid
                            > > because it would be a
                            > > unilateral contract of which you did not sign. NO

                          • Robert Riggins
                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 6, 2003
                              check out section 1692 of Title 15

                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 7, 2003
                                Robert,

                                I have read 1692 many times and have never found anything in there that
                                indicates the purchaser of a debt cannot collect that debt. Specifically
                                where in 1692 do you find that stated and can you cite any court case where
                                this was the finding?