Re: [tips_and_tricks] Recall Constitutional?

  • Royce
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2003
      Initiative and referendum. CA has it. You voted for it and it is a good thing. It can be misused, although in this case I am not so sure such is the case.
      Royce

      Julie Nowman wrote:

      I'm trying to find out if the California Recall election is constitutional. Does anyone know where to find out? I'm concerned that it's part of fascist effort to overthrow our government in cahoots with the Patriot Act etc. And what about the Patriot Act as well? Is anyone challenging that act? Below is something I got from Move On.

      This pledge is a national effort to mobilize one million California voters in the recall election. Please sign the pledge to defend democracy and oppose the recall. Please ask friends and family in California to sign the pledge and to remember to vote October 7.

      http://moveon.org/pac/recall/?id=-2606074-aUp7ZSqw3S7fs76QN3opLg

      Thank you.