Re: [tips_and_tricks] SOS-help me

  • Advancepum@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2003
      Becky,
           If there is no contract there is no hold. even with a cotract the persone can withold his/her labors.
           It looks to me like there will be no littigation over this but there will probably be a lot of arm twisting.
      Paul

      i am so wrecked with nerves about this:

      >question about suing:

    • John Wilde
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 2003
        Understand though, that verbal contracts are just as enforceable as a written one.  If there is nothing in writing then your son is going to have to remember what he promised to do or not to do.

            The other thing is, even if there is no written or verbal contract, the investors can still sue.  That is not the question.  The issue is can they prevail.  So have your son rack his brain for what he agreed to even if it was verbally and informatlly.  Since he is in college it sounds like he is older than 18 which means he has the power to contract without your consent.

        g'day
        John Wilde

        Advancepum@... wrote:
        Becky,
             If there is no contract there is no hold. even with a cotract the persone can withold his/her labors.
             It looks to me like there will be no littigation over this but there will probably be a lot of arm twisting.
        Paul

        i am so wrecked with nerves about this:

        >question about suing:

      • Royce
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2003
          Anybody can be sued for no reason.

          The real question is "Did you sign any contracts related to your son?" If not, you are under no obligation to worry about the other people's investment. Is your son an adult? If so, there may be a tort related to interference with a contract signed by your son.

          Royce

          Becky Redmon wrote:

          my question is:   since the investors are putting up the
          finances,(t-shirts,
          decals, promotional material, making contacts...)  can the rest of the
          parents, me in particular, be sued if the band doesn't make it, or if i
          ask my son to drop out?.   and because the parents are the investors and
          they are in control of the band,  don't i have a sayso in whether my son
          should concentrate on college instead?(there may be days when he has to
          take days off from school).
          i don't think the band has any legal binding yet, but if this all gets
          into
          legalities , can i get sued for interfering?

          Thanks,

          Becky Redmon
          Scott and White Health Plan
          Temple, Texas 76504