SOS-help me

  • Becky Redmon
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5 6:22 AM
      i am so wrecked with nerves about this:

      >question about suing:

      my son is in a rock and roll band whose investors are the parents of
      the lead guitarist. he also has entered college about 90 miles away.
      these investors want the boys to practice several times a day.
      anyway
      my john is willing to drive the distance couple of times a week. i
      am all
      against it. these parents are pushing the band and are giving hopes
      the boys by telling them all sorts of star-struck things. they have
      connections, you see.
      the other parents do not support the band but because 3 of the boys
      are still in high school, by the time they figure their band will make
      it or not, these boys will be in a decision to go to college without the
      star-struck demands of the band.

      my question is: since the investors are putting up the
      finances,(t-shirts,
      decals, promotional material, making contacts...) can the rest of the
      parents, me in particular, be sued if the band doesn't make it, or if i
      ask my son to drop out?. and because the parents are the investors and
      they are in control of the band, don't i have a sayso in whether my son
      should concentrate on college instead?(there may be days when he has to
      take days off from school).
      i don't think the band has any legal binding yet, but if this all gets
      into
      legalities , can i get sued for interfering?

      Thanks,

      Becky Redmon
      Scott and White Health Plan
      Temple, Texas 76504
      254-298-3256
    • Advancepum@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5 2:30 PM
        Becky,
             If there is no contract there is no hold. even with a cotract the persone can withold his/her labors.
             It looks to me like there will be no littigation over this but there will probably be a lot of arm twisting.
        Paul

        i am so wrecked with nerves about this:

        >question about suing:

      • John Wilde
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5 3:32 PM
          Understand though, that verbal contracts are just as enforceable as a written one.  If there is nothing in writing then your son is going to have to remember what he promised to do or not to do.

              The other thing is, even if there is no written or verbal contract, the investors can still sue.  That is not the question.  The issue is can they prevail.  So have your son rack his brain for what he agreed to even if it was verbally and informatlly.  Since he is in college it sounds like he is older than 18 which means he has the power to contract without your consent.

          g'day
          John Wilde

          Advancepum@... wrote:
          Becky,
               If there is no contract there is no hold. even with a cotract the persone can withold his/her labors.
               It looks to me like there will be no littigation over this but there will probably be a lot of arm twisting.
          Paul

          i am so wrecked with nerves about this:

          >question about suing:

        • Royce
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5 4:28 PM
            Anybody can be sued for no reason.

            The real question is "Did you sign any contracts related to your son?" If not, you are under no obligation to worry about the other people's investment. Is your son an adult? If so, there may be a tort related to interference with a contract signed by your son.

            Royce

          • WW011@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 6 5:39 AM
              Whets going on?