Claims and contracts against/with another

  • dpatrick119
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2003
      Hey all, thanks for responses to the court clerk inquiry. I have
      another question; Is there a statute or code that states a
      corporation can not contract or make a claim against a man or woman?
      I don't know if it is in civil code, UCC, or what, but I have read
      and heard this statement many times. Can someone back this up with
      anything other than theory-knowledge? Response greatly appreciated as
      alweays!

      Gung-Ho,
      Patrick
    • Royce
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2003
        The fourteenth amendment created a citizen called "person." See Black's Sixth, "person."

        By virtue of the amendment (Congress shall have the power to enforce by appropriate legislation), Congress defines its "persons" and you can see it in the Definitions Act, 1 USC 1. Corporations are defined as persons. In court, you are presumed to be a person. There is plenty of legislation to show that persons can sue persons.

        Now, if you are not a person, and can rebut the presumption, then you, when you appear for the court, are the only sovereign on the court and can order the case dismissed since you are the only non-fiction present on the court. Attorneys will fight this but they have no right to be on your court. Pushing your point continually and calling for sanctions against the other side will get the corporation off your court.

        Royce

        dpatrick119 wrote:
        Hey all, thanks for responses to the court clerk inquiry. I have
        another question; Is there a statute or code that states a
        corporation can not contract or make a claim against a man or woman?
        I don't know if it is in civil code, UCC, or what, but I have read
        and heard this statement many times. Can someone back this up with
        anything other than theory-knowledge? Response greatly appreciated as
        alweays!

        Gung-Ho,
        Patrick

      • John Wilde
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
          Look in your state statutes dealing with the creation and operation of
          corporations. You will find just the opposite of what your looking
          for. There is a general grant that permit corporations to sue or be sued.

          g'day
          John Wilde

          dpatrick119 wrote:

          >Hey all, thanks for responses to the court clerk inquiry. I have
          >another question; Is there a statute or code that states a
          >corporation can not contract or make a claim against a man or woman?
          >I don't know if it is in civil code, UCC, or what, but I have read
          >and heard this statement many times. Can someone back this up with
          >anything other than theory-knowledge? Response greatly appreciated as
          >alweays!
          >
          >Gung-Ho,
          >Patrick

        • Patrick Packer
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5, 2003
            Thank you for the response Royce! Please see comments/questions in blue of your message. This is exactly what I am looking for, I just need a little more info. Sorry for the lack of education and understanding but that is exactly what I am working on... education, understanding and knowledge that I can transform into wisdom, which is knowlwedge applied. Thanks so Much!!! Comments from others appreciated as well.

            Gung-Ho,
            Patrick

            Royce <rmitchel@...> wrote:
            The fourteenth amendment created a citizen called "person." See Black's Sixth, "person." Can I refuse or decline this appointed "status"? How?

            By virtue of the amendment (Congress shall have the power to enforce by appropriate legislation), Congress defines its "persons" and you can see it in the Definitions Act, 1 USC 1. Corporations are defined as persons. So if a corporation is a person, is a person a corporation? (Artificial Person as stated in Blacks, is this also the Strawman?) In court, you are presumed to be a person. In a court of equity and a court of law? There is plenty of legislation to show that persons can sue persons.

            Now, if you are not a person, I am not and do not want to be! and can rebut the presumption, How do I rebut that presumption? then you, when you appear for the court, are the only sovereign on the court and can order the case dismissed And how do I dismiss the case in this capacity? since you are the only non-fiction present on the court. Attorneys will fight this but they have no right to be on your court. Pushing your point continually and calling for sanctions What kind of sanctions? against the other side will get the corporation off your court.

            Royce

            dpatrick119 wrote:
            Hey all, thanks for responses to the court clerk inquiry. I have
            another question; Is there a statute or code that states a
            corporation can not contract or make a claim against a man or woman?
            I don't know if it is in civil code, UCC, or what, but I have read
            and heard this statement many times. Can someone back this up with
            anything other than theory-knowledge? Response greatly appreciated as
            alweays!

            Gung-Ho,
            Patrick

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Royce
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 5, 2003
              Royce <rmitchel@...> wrote:
              The fourteenth amendment created a citizen called "person." See Black's Sixth, "person." Can I refuse or decline this appointed "status"? How?
              Your are presumed to be this "person." You can rebut the presumption.

              By virtue of the amendment (Congress shall have the power to enforce by appropriate legislation), Congress defines its "persons" and you can see it in the Definitions Act, 1 USC 1. Corporations are defined as persons. So if a corporation is a person, is a person a corporation? (Artificial Person as stated in Blacks, is this also the Strawman?)
              Sigh.. Did you read the Definitions Act? In law, a definition equates the defined with the definition. A person is yada, yada, yada, is a person.
              In court, you are presumed to be a person. In a court of equity and a court of law? There is plenty of legislation to show that persons can sue persons.
              A corporation is a fiction and cannot be sued at common law. In practice, the equity and law courts have had their rules merged so this distinction makes no difference. The point is that you are presumed to be a person.

              Now, if you are not a person, I am no! t and do not want to be! and can rebut the presumption, How do I rebut that presumption?
              Negative averment. If you don't know what that means, you better start educating yourself in law and procedure before you think about going up against people who do this for a living.
              then you, when you appear for the court, are the only sovereign on the court and can order the case dismissed And how do I dismiss the case in this capacity?
              If you are not a person, but are a Citizen of the United States, you are not covered by the U.S. Code which is the only way that "persons" can bring suit. A corporation is a fiction which can ONLY be represented by its mouthpiece. But, attorneys are not by law allowed beyond the bar except under two conditions under the federal rules. That is where presumption comes into play for them.

              BTW, Title 26 is part of the U.S. Code for those who can take a hint.

              since you are the only non-fiction present on the court. Attorneys will fight this but they have no right to be on your court. Pushing your point continually and calling for sanctions What kind of sanctions? against the other side will get the corporation off your court.
              You need a lot of study. If you are thinking about suing, get to work educating yourself. If you are being sued, you are what is called a "client" which is somebody mentally incompetent to handle one's own legal affairs and should seek an attorney as soon as possible.
              Sanctions are a form of damages allowed for wasting the court's time. You can be awarded costs as well as sanctions for frivilous pleadings.
              Royce
            • scott
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 5, 2003
                Royce, Nice quote.  I just got through reading the exact same thing today out of one of Mike Browns seminar booklets, surprisingly enough almost word for word. Cool.
                Scott W