Re: [tips_and_tricks] does anyone know.......

  • John Wilde
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2003
      That's fine for the federal agencies, but most of us have had our finger prints taken by state law enforcement types.  The FOIA does apply to them.  The claim will have to be made against the state agency with an order that they retrieve all of the copies that they distributed.

      g'day
      John Wilde

      Pete Grzeskowiak wrote:
      FREEDOM OF INFO ACT   FOIA & then recover in Federal suit under FOIA or the FRAUD provision listed in the civil cover sheet, ask for costs, time, attornies fess, filing fees, time spent, pens paper postage any & erveything this cost you, research use of computer & computer time;ie milk the cow FTG

      John Wilde <jpwilde@...> wrote:
      There is no law one way or another in any state that I am aware of.  However, the court's have long ruled that your
      fingerprints are your property or that you at least have a property interest in them.

          That provides you with 1 of 2 remedies to recover the prints they took and all of the copies.  If they were
      illegally taken then your remedy is replevin.  If they were taken under some legal pretext at the beginning but there
      is no legal or lawful reason to possess them now, then your remedy is detinue.

          Go read Koffler or Shipman on remedies at law.  What you must accomplish before suing in either replevin or
      detinue, even under today's modern rules of pleading, will be described in there.

      g'day
      John Wilde

      scott wrote:

      > If it is in Colorado, the Colorado Constitution states you can get your
      > finger prints and pictures returned to you.  You will have to read that and
      > then go to the department that took them from you and from there I don't
      > know?
      > Scott

      Do you Yahoo!?