Re: [tips_and_tricks] does anyone know.......

  • Pete Grzeskowiak
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 30, 2003
      FREEDOM OF INFO ACT   FOIA & then recover in Federal suit under FOIA or the FRAUD provision listed in the civil cover sheet, ask for costs, time, attornies fess, filing fees, time spent, pens paper postage any & erveything this cost you, research use of computer & computer time;ie milk the cow FTG

      John Wilde <jpwilde@...> wrote:
      There is no law one way or another in any state that I am aware of.  However, the court's have long ruled that your
      fingerprints are your property or that you at least have a property interest in them.

          That provides you with 1 of 2 remedies to recover the prints they took and all of the copies.  If they were
      illegally taken then your remedy is replevin.  If they were taken under some legal pretext at the beginning but there
      is no legal or lawful reason to possess them now, then your remedy is detinue.

          Go read Koffler or Shipman on remedies at law.  What you must accomplish before suing in either replevin or
      detinue, even under today's modern rules of pleading, will be described in there.

      g'day
      John Wilde

      scott wrote:

      > If it is in Colorado, the Colorado Constitution states you can get your
      > finger prints and pictures returned to you.  You will have to read that and
      > then go to the department that took them from you and from there I don't
      > know?
      > Scott

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • keystone law
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 30, 2003
        I HAVE HEARD THE PRINTS ARE SOLD TO THE FEDS? WHY ELSE WOULD BE PRINTED EVERYTIME YOU GO TO JAIL AND YHEY ALL KNOW YOU?
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 30, 2003
          Just saw a book on ebay.

          Thought some one might find it interesting.

          scott wrote:

          > If it is in Colorado, the Colorado Constitution states you can get your
          > finger prints and pictures returned to you.  You will have to read that and
          > then go to the department that took them from you and from there I don't
          > know?
          > Scott

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • Dessie Andrews
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 31, 2003
            You have to contact the FBI, and to get your file, you need to give your
            fingerprints.

            > At one point in my life, I was arraigned under a federal charge of
            'Forcible
            > Rescue'.
            > I WAS fingerprinted at that time.
            > On the day of trial, after I turned down three different plea bargain
            > 'offers' by the government, the government asked that the case be
            > dismissed, which it was. My question is....how can I find out if my
            > fingerprints are still on file somewhere?

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Royce
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 31, 2003
              Mr. Wilde:
              Do you have a title on the remedies books you cite below?
              Royce

              scott wrote:

              > If it is in Colorado, the Colorado Constitution states you can get your
              > finger prints and pictures returned to you.  You will have to read that and
              > then go to the department that took them from you and from there I don't
              > know?
              > Scott

            • John Wilde
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 1, 2003
                That's fine for the federal agencies, but most of us have had our finger prints taken by state law enforcement types.  The FOIA does apply to them.  The claim will have to be made against the state agency with an order that they retrieve all of the copies that they distributed.

                g'day
                John Wilde

                scott wrote:

                > If it is in Colorado, the Colorado Constitution states you can get your
                > finger prints and pictures returned to you.  You will have to read that and
                > then go to the department that took them from you and from there I don't
                > know?
                > Scott

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • John Wilde
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 1, 2003
                  No, I don't.  But if you look them up in a Law Library under the last names of Koffler or Shipman you will find them.  They are not available at all on line.

                  g'day
                  John Wilde