does anyone know.......

  • joann
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 29, 2003
      At one point in my life, I was arraigned under a federal charge of 'Forcible
      Rescue'.
      I WAS fingerprinted at that time.
      On the day of trial, after I turned down three different plea bargain
      'offers' by the government, the government asked that the case be
      dismissed, which it was.
      My question is....how can I find out if my fingerprints are still on file
      somewhere?
    • Pete Grzeskowiak
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 29, 2003
        You Need to file a freedom of informations request FOIA, frredom of info act which is actionable under 42 USC 1983, see on the civil cover sheet. I have the form {[SOMEWHERE]}. See if you can find a copy in nolo briefs or somewhere west law

        joann <joalaska@...> wrote:
        At one point in my life, I was arraigned under a federal charge of 'Forcible
        Rescue'.
        I WAS  fingerprinted at that time.
        On the day of trial, after I turned down three different plea bargain
        'offers' by the government,  the government asked that the case be
        dismissed, which it was.
        My question is....how can I find out if my fingerprints are still on file
        somewhere?

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • scott
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 29, 2003
          If it is in Colorado, the Colorado Constitution states you can get your
          finger prints and pictures returned to you. You will have to read that and
          then go to the department that took them from you and from there I don't
          know?
          Scott
          > At one point in my life, I was arraigned under a federal charge of
          'Forcible
          > Rescue'.
          > I WAS fingerprinted at that time.
          > On the day of trial, after I turned down three different plea bargain
          > 'offers' by the government, the government asked that the case be
          > dismissed, which it was.
          > My question is....how can I find out if my fingerprints are still on file
          > somewhere?

        • joann
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 29, 2003
            Thanks! Maybe I am being paranoid....but I don't WANT my fingerprints filed with some agency or another...EVER!
            Should I FOIA not only the local 'authorities but also include the FBI, CIA etc? Who knows where they might have been sent!

          • Advancepum@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 30, 2003
              In Illinois the constitution says that you don't have to give any evidences against yourself. Therefore since the forceable taking of the prints was unconstitutional you can force them to expunge them. I have previously posted that part of the Illinois constitution. If anyone needs it they can email me. I have been told to keep these transmissions as short as possible
              Paul
              At one point in my life, I was arraigned under a federal charge of
              'Forcible
              >Rescue'.
              >I WAS  fingerprinted at that time.

            • Denise and Scott Harclerode
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 30, 2003

                Joanne, use the Privacy Act inquiry since you are requesting info about yourself.

                Scott Harclerode

                Thanks! Maybe I am being paranoid....but I don't WANT my fingerprints filed with some agency or another...EVER!

                Should I FOIA not only the local 'authorities but also include the FBI, CIA etc? Who knows where they might have been sent!

              • John Wilde
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 30, 2003
                  There is no law one way or another in any state that I am aware of. However, the court's have long ruled that your
                  fingerprints are your property or that you at least have a property interest in them.

                  That provides you with 1 of 2 remedies to recover the prints they took and all of the copies. If they were
                  illegally taken then your remedy is replevin. If they were taken under some legal pretext at the beginning but there
                  is no legal or lawful reason to possess them now, then your remedy is detinue.

                  Go read Koffler or Shipman on remedies at law. What you must accomplish before suing in either replevin or
                  detinue, even under today's modern rules of pleading, will be described in there.

                  g'day
                  John Wilde

                  scott wrote:

                  > If it is in Colorado, the Colorado Constitution states you can get your
                  > finger prints and pictures returned to you. You will have to read that and
                  > then go to the department that took them from you and from there I don't
                  > know?
                  > Scott

                • Pete Grzeskowiak
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 30, 2003
                    FREEDOM OF INFO ACT   FOIA & then recover in Federal suit under FOIA or the FRAUD provision listed in the civil cover sheet, ask for costs, time, attornies fess, filing fees, time spent, pens paper postage any & erveything this cost you, research use of computer & computer time;ie milk the cow FTG

                    scott wrote:

                    > If it is in Colorado, the Colorado Constitution states you can get your
                    > finger prints and pictures returned to you.  You will have to read that and
                    > then go to the department that took them from you and from there I don't
                    > know?
                    > Scott

                    Do you Yahoo!?
                  • keystone law

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 30, 2003
                        Just saw a book on ebay.

                        Thought some one might find it interesting.

                        scott wrote:

                        > If it is in Colorado, the Colorado Constitution states you can get your
                        > finger prints and pictures returned to you.  You will have to read that and
                        > then go to the department that took them from you and from there I don't
                        > know?
                        > Scott

                        Do you Yahoo!?

                      • Dessie Andrews
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 31, 2003
                          You have to contact the FBI, and to get your file, you need to give your
                          fingerprints.

                          > At one point in my life, I was arraigned under a federal charge of
                          'Forcible
                          > Rescue'.
                          > I WAS fingerprinted at that time.
                          > On the day of trial, after I turned down three different plea bargain
                          > 'offers' by the government, the government asked that the case be
                          > dismissed, which it was. My question is....how can I find out if my
                          > fingerprints are still on file somewhere?

                          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                        • Royce
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 31, 2003
                            Mr. Wilde:
                            Do you have a title on the remedies books you cite below?
                            Royce

                            scott wrote:

                            > If it is in Colorado, the Colorado Constitution states you can get your
                            > finger prints and pictures returned to you.  You will have to read that and
                            > then go to the department that took them from you and from there I don't
                            > know?
                            > Scott

                          • John Wilde
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 1, 2003
                              That's fine for the federal agencies, but most of us have had our finger prints taken by state law enforcement types.  The FOIA does apply to them.  The claim will have to be made against the state agency with an order that they retrieve all of the copies that they distributed.

                              g'day
                              John Wilde

                              scott wrote:

                              > If it is in Colorado, the Colorado Constitution states you can get your
                              > finger prints and pictures returned to you.  You will have to read that and
                              > then go to the department that took them from you and from there I don't
                              > know?
                              > Scott

                              Do you Yahoo!?

                            • John Wilde
                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 1, 2003
                                No, I don't.  But if you look them up in a Law Library under the last names of Koffler or Shipman you will find them.  They are not available at all on line.

                                g'day
                                John Wilde