Re: Re: More bad news, so I need some help.

  • Big Dave
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2003
      This is what they are asking....
      Wherefore, Plaintiff prays for judgement against Defendant in the
      amount of $9,000... plus interest at the rate of 8.oo% per anum from
      the date of Judgement and thereafter until paid, and the costs of
      this action, including reasonable attorney fees as provided by G.S. 6-
      21.2.

      Pretty clear, huh?

      Dave

      > I don't have anything left of value, so them sueing me would be
      > senseless. Most of the bloodsuckers have already cleaned me out.
      >
      > Dave
      >

      > DID THEY SEND YOU A LETTER TELLING YOU THAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO
      THAT?
    • Big Dave
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2003
        Thank you! Very good suggestions, and for me focus is a problem so
        your ideas will certainly help.

        Dave

        --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Sterling W Wyatt
        <swwyatt@j...> wrote:
        > At 01:53 AM 8/1/03 +0000, you wrote:
        > >I just received a Civil Summons from one of my creditors CitiBank.
        >
        > And I see some responses that should be helpful. I also suggest
        you find
        > out what you don't KNOW about your situation - that is provided in
        the
        > summons and civil charges sent to you,
        >
        > A good way for a beginer at this stuff to start (I still do this
        too!) is
        > to make a complete copy of what is in hand. Then set aside the
        original
        > and sit down with your copy and a set of colored highliters in
        hand.
      • JD
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2003
          Just because they get a judgment, doesn't mean you have to pay.  Remember, the SC stated that one does not have to give information in any format, whether civil or criminal, formal or informal, if one feels that any information given in any litigation can be used as evidence in any future civil or criminal actions against him.  (Lefkowitz vs. Turley, 414 US 70 at 281).
          Wherefore, Plaintiff prays for judgement against Defendant in the
          amount of $9,000... plus interest at the rate of 8.oo% per anum from
          the date of Judgement and thereafter until paid, and the costs of
          this action, including reasonable attorney fees as provided by G.S. 6-
          21.2.

          Pretty clear, huh?

          Dave

          >  I don't have anything left of value, so them sueing me would be
          >  senseless. Most of the bloodsuckers have already cleaned me out.

          >  Dave

          >   >>
          > DID THEY SEND YOU A LETTER TELLING YOU THAT THEY WERE GOING TO DO
          THAT?

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/aQSolB/TM

        • Richard Johnson
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 5, 2003
            On Sunday 03 August 2003 19:26, Big Dave wrote:
            " This is what they are asking....
            " Wherefore, Plaintiff prays for judgement against Defendant in the
            " amount of $9,000... plus interest at the rate of 8.oo% per anum from
            " the date of Judgement and thereafter until paid, and the costs of
            " this action, including reasonable attorney fees as provided by G.S. 6-
            " 21.2.
            "
            "
            " Pretty clear, huh?

            Look over the entire complaint _very_ carefully. Does it say on it
            anywhere, anything remotely like "plaintiff has been harmed by the
            defendant by ... "?

            This is crucial. They must show that they were harmed by you and how.
            Most of the time they don't claim that--they only claim a breach--and it's
            one of the easier poits to prove. It alone is usually insufficient though
            since courts are biased toward collecting.

            If they withheld material information, then no contract existed. If no
            contract existed, what was there to breach? If no contract existed, why
            did you pay them money? (Did you?) Do you want it back now?

            Now ... How clear is your concience? Did you get into this mess expecting
            to have trouble? Did you make amistake? Do you have some agreement you
            feel morally obligated to fulfill? You need to decide not only whether you
            are legally justified, but whether you are morally justified. At least I
            had to decide that. Since I'm pretty clear now about how they attempted to
            defraud me, they can't use my "conscence" as a weapon against me.

            --
            Richard Johnson richard@...
            Cuis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cui bono?