5 USC 556(d)

  • andrewswayne31
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2013
      While researching the Administrative Procedures Act, it seems to me that 5 USC 556(d) is only applicable to hearings required by section 553 or 554 and not to the general thought that all agencies are required to prove the law that they operate from, i.e. the IRS.  Any thoughts on whether this is useful outside of the hearings.  W
    • themeek2000a
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2014

        There are exceptions to the APA but they are pretty narrow and usually involve other remedy solutions i.e. example would be military operations.   Without a final agency order there is nothing for the reviewing statutory court to judicial review.