Posting two documents.

  • The Handyman
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2013
    Several have contacted me personally to learn how I have used the inability to pay a fine defense over 30 years, so I am posting it with two documents. Many self-proclaimed Gurus have said it won't work but it has never failed me. You will not pay, serve time or work the fine off but you must argue the money issue the correct way and of course there are many money gurus that say the argument is flawed but I've yet to see how it is when PAYMENT has been declared to be against public policy and a dollar is a legal fiction. Yet your fine will be denominated in payment of dollars. Again please note that I will not verify the quotations in the attachments; such is not my job. I am not a teacher. Use at your own peril. Understand that: " It is, however, a well-settled premise that an indigent defendant may not be subjected to imprisonment because he is unable to pay a fine which is part of his sentence. Bearden v. Georgia, 461 U.S. 660, 103 S. Ct. 2064, 76 L. Ed. 2d. 221 (1983)." Rather than incarcerate those with inability to pay the system was forced to develop a payment plan to avoid incarcerating hundreds in an already overcrowded jail system. The payment plan allows the court to collect the fine and at the same time threaten incarceration which has already been decided that a person with inability to pay a fine cannot have that inability converted into time or work; to do such would violate the equal protection clause of the state and federal constitutions. A credit money system does not pay a debt and they definitely want payment. Play dumb and make sure the judge wants payment with dollars. Once he makes that statement he cannot change it to Peso, Euros or Pounds. A dollar does not exist and they definitely want dollars. The bad side is you will be found guilty and points will be placed upon your drivers license.

    "There are four ways to conquer and enslave a nation.

    . By the sword

    . By paper money

    . By welfare

    . By lawyers

    The Handyman 2013
  • JcP
    Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2013

      Might this information be “adjusted” to apply to property tax(es) ??

      ....are they the government under the constitution? And if not, who are they and what is their function and why are they requiring payment in debt obligations?

    • JcP
      Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2013

        There is usually NO $ (dollar sign) sign on tax bills or fines… you could give them a 10,000,000 Zimbabwe Note (?)

        ...take a look at U.S. Supreme Court Hagar v. Reclamation District, 111 U.S. 701 (1884)

        "The acts of Congress making the notes of the United States a legal tender do not apply to involuntary contributions in the nature of taxes or assessments exacted under state laws, but only to debts in the strict sense of the term; that is, to obligations founded on contracts, express or implied, for the payment of money."

        If I am understanding this correctly, they (US Corp, et. al.) can't require us to pay our property taxes or “fines” via FRN's (notes). HJR192 states that they can't demand a specific form of payment. We have just been trained to give them frn's.

      • The Handyman
        Message 4 of 5 , Sep 11, 2013
          RE: [tips_and_tricks] Re: Posting two documents.

          Even if there is a so called "dollar sign" on anything such sign has no meaning in law. Professor Florian Cajori dealt with the $ sign question rather definitively more than 60 years ago in A History of Mathematical Notations and he could get quite indignant on the subject. He noted in his book, "About a dozen different theories [on the $ sign's origin] have been advanced by men of imaginative minds, but not one of these would-be historians permitted himself to be hampered by the underlying facts." Among the deficient hypotheses:

          (1) The $ sign was originally the letters U and S superimposed. The idea here is that the original $ sign had two vertical lines, not one. Popular though this idea is, there is zero documentary evidence for it. Furthermore, Robert Morris, the Revolutionary War financier and the first U.S. official to use the sign, made it with a single vertical stroke.

          (2) It's a version of the letters IHS, the Greek abbreviation of the name J--us. No further comment required.

          (3) It was originally a P combined with an 8. The dollar, you'll recall, is descended from the Spanish Mill Dollar, also known as the "piece of eight" because it consisted of eight reals.  Plausible, and as we shall see not that far from the truth, but still wrong.

          (4) The $ sign was inspired by the Spanish "pillar dollar," which on one side had two columns signifying the "pillars of Hercules" at Gibraltar. These were represented in the dollar sign by the two vertical lines, with the S being some sort of scroll wrapped around them.

          In reality, Professor Cajori contends in his book, the $ sign is an abbreviation for "pesos." Bear in mind that the Spanish dollar, also known as the peso de 8 reales, was the principal coin in circulation in the U.S. up until 1794, when we began minting our own money. In handwriting, "pesos" was usually abbreviated lowercase "ps," with S above and to the right of the P and with the hook on the latter written with one or two deep strokes. As time went on, the P and the S tended to get mashed together and the result was $.  The dollar sign and the PS abbreviation were used interchangeably from around 1775 until the end of the century, after which the latter faded from view. Professor Cajori backs up his argument with examples from manuscripts of the period.  It is thought by some that the changes from double stroke to single stroke dollar signs parallel changes from asset-backed currency to credit backed currency.  It appears that nobody really knows or has any documentary evidence as to the meaning of the single and/or double line $ sign until one studies a one-dollar stamp.  Close examination of such will immediately reveal that somebody certainly knows the difference between the symbol. A bill or judgment for a $ does not support an action.  If someone knows what a $ is then the court must surely know because the judgment herein contains the single line $ sign and without clarification it is impossible for Jagoo Jones to know what it means in this action.    Therefore, clarification is mandatory so that I can comply with your PAYMENT request. I cannot tender a $ until I know what a $ is.

          Message 5 of 5 , Sep 11, 2013
            RE: [tips_and_tricks] Re: Posting two documents.

            All states have a money of account statute to keep you/them from forcing " Zimbabwe Notes" as payment. At one time I collected 12 money of account state statutes. There was also many countries that call their unit of money a dollar. At one time the Feds had a money of account statute but we used it against them and it was eliminated. See 31 USC 371. The Feds could do this because they can make anything they want money. But a state judge cannot say pay your fine with FRNS. To do so would violate his oath as his oath binds him to Article 1, Section 10. He cannot make paper a tender in payment of debt. They can accept FRN's but cannot demand them. Hagar v. Reclamation District  combined with an inability to pay presentment and any money of account statute will present them a real problem. Happy hunting!

            Louisiana Revised Statute 1ยง53.

            Money accounts in dollars and cents

            The money accounts of this state shall be expressed in dollars or units, cents or hundredths, and mills or thousandths; and all accounts in banks and public offices, and all proceedings in the courts of this state, shall be kept in conformity herewith.