Court Citation Sold?

  • danielbagod
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2013
      On 2013-08-01 14:24, Legalbear wrote:
      > How do I respond to a third party creditor who is trying to collect
      > on a court citation? The lady was given a ticket for her light being
      > to dim over her license plate! Unfortunately she appeared in court
      > where it was initially reduced and was told to return with receipt of
      > violation repaired. She left and has never returned only to receive a
      > letter from a collection agency seeking payment.
      >
      > What is the most honorable way to address this issue with the third
      > party? What are my options after having missed the option to send the
      > ticket in the mail with the overlay that I DO NOT CONSENT!

      I have used the following process and I never heard from the collection
      agency again!

      Immediately write a letter to the collection agency DEMANDING
      Validation (NOT verification) of the alleged debt. They can never
      validate the debt so they pass over you and go on to the next sucker who
      doesn't know how to respond. It's important to send the letter within 30
      days (that's generally the time frame they give you). It wouldn't hurt
      to send it "certified mail" either.

      SHALOM,
      Daniel
    • Eusebio Preciado
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2013
        I have also done this..
        It works like a charm!!

        Eusebio

        Thursday, August 01, 2013 2:43 PM

        On 2013-08-01 14:24, Legalbear wrote:
        > How do I respond to a third party creditor who is trying to collect
        > on a court citation? The lady was given a ticket for her light being
        > to dim over her license plate! Unfortunately she appeared in court
        > where it was initially reduced and was told to return with receipt of
        > violation repaired. She left and has never returned only to receive a
        > letter from a collection agency seeking payment.
        >
        > What is the most honorable way to address this issue with the third
        > party? What are my options after having missed the option to send the
        > ticket in the mail with the overlay that I DO NOT CONSENT!

        I have used the following process and I never heard from the collection
        agency again!

        Immediately write a letter to the collection agency DEMANDING
        Validation (NOT verification) of the alleged debt. They can never
        validate the debt so they pass over you and go on to the next sucker who
        doesn't know how to respond. It's important to send the letter within 30
        days (that's generally the time frame they give you). It wouldn't hurt
        to send it "certified mail" either.

        SHALOM,
        Daniel

    • Mel Gillespie
      Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2013
      Do any of you remember about a week ago, I asked if anyone had an example of a Post Trial Motion to amend pleadings to conform with evidence presented at trial?  It appears that no one has ever done one in this group, knew how to do one, or just plain did not want to share.  So I made my own, and I am passing it on to all of you.  I looked on the Internet, googled it, and I found where one attorney referred to the existence of such a motion, while another gave advice that you just have to appeal, that there is no such thing.  So I made my own, and I am going to share it with all of you.  I whipped this up quickly with the help of witkins and american jurisprudence 2d.  It took me about 8 hours, with typing, editing twice and having someone read over it twice.  I sent it to an attorney to look over, and other than one or two grammatical errors, I got his seal of approval.  Give me some feed back and let me know what you all think.  Thanks.