Something Other than Gold and Silver Coin in Payment

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2013

      In Thomas v. City of Richmond, 12 Wall. 349, 20 L.Ed. 453, Thomas brought his suit to recover on notes issued by the city. As in the instant case, it was criminal both for the city authorities to issue them and on the part of the party who paid for them. Of this the Court said in 12 Wall. at page 356, "* * * The issuing of bills as a currency by such a corporation without authority is not only contrary to positive law, but, being ultra vires, is an abuse of the public franchises which have been conferred upon it; and the receiver of the bills, being chargeable with notice of the wrong, is in pari delicto with the officers, and should have no remedy, even for money had and received, against the corporation upon which he has aided in inflicting the wrong * * *." (Emphasis supplied.)

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com

    • originalfrogfrmr
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2013
        > * * The issuing of bills as a currency by such a corporation
        > without authority is not only contrary to positive law, but,
        > being ultra vires, is an abuse of the public franchises
        > which have been conferred upon it; and the receiver of the
        > bills, being chargeable with notice of the wrong, is in pari
        > delicto with the officers, and should have no remedy, even
        > for money had and received, against the corporation upon
        > which he has aided in inflicting the wrong * * *." (Emphasis
        > supplied.)

        Justice sometimes takes time. Slaves to FRNs will wake up some day.
        There will come a day when nothing will be measured in them. Nothing will
        be for sale for them. Those slaves will be forced to realize that they
        had a choice a long time ago. They will then reap the rewards of the
        choices they have made.

        Runaway slaves that come to me for help will be treated well for their
        work. How many do you think I might have, say, in 5 years? I really
        never thought I'd have ANY! I already have two volunteers. Maybe this
        list should start its own agency, and keep the work within the family so
        to speak, so as to keep any benefits out of the hands of the FRNers. A
        contract would have to be drawn up for the runaway slave to sign making
        plain that his new serfdom is voluntary, unlike the chance he got from the
        bankers.

        Hey, since we're thinking along these lines, how about the government
        declaring a "Path to Freedom" for FRN-tired patriots to escape their
        subject status, the same way they want a "Path to Citizenship" for the
        Mexicans streaming over the border! Right now they are making it hard to
        leave, like the old soviet union did to their captive peoples. But heck,
        if they will let us out, they can let everyone on Earth in!

      • originalfrogfrmr
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2013
          > "As in the instant case, it was criminal both for the
          > city authorities to issue them and on the part of the party
          > who paid for them.

          City authorities break laws?!!

          > "The issuing of bills as a currency by such a corporation
          > without authority is not only contrary to positive law, but,
          > being ultra vires, is an abuse of the public franchises
          > which have been conferred upon it; and the receiver of the
          > bills, being chargeable with notice of the wrong, is in pari
          > delicto with the officers, and should have no remedy, even
          > for money had and received, against the corporation upon
          > which he has aided in inflicting the wrong * * *." (Emphasis
          > supplied.)

          Isn't it funny how the obvious looks like a new discovery to one side of
          any court dispute? How can anyone be so wrong? Expecially when the laws
          are all there for us to read today? Actually, it's no longer possible to
          ever read all the laws that may affect you, even if you take speed reading
          lessons and read 24/7/365. As you may notice, law doesn't seem to be that
          important nowadays, although it's still a large industry.

          Today I had a realization of the effects of my triple skull fracture and
          resulting brain damage. Up until today I thought I was doing pretty well
          despite that period of a few years where I lost most of my memories (which
          have since returned). Then I see Stacy Herbert and am intellectualy put
          to shame. It reminds me of my live poker group and how I'm the worst
          player there, and how they are thinking of things I never think of. I
          appreciate that they take the time to point out the things and tell me.
          But it all adds up to: I am lacking in brain power that if I had it,
          things might be better.

          So, this post is to tell you the most valuable thing I've learned so far
          this year. THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE.

          There's a YouTube 4 section lesson on it, plus many other related videos.
          They deal with a currently proven science called Quantum Physics and show
          you the experiments (most important being the "double slit experiment") so
          you don't have to "believe" anything; you can perceive it yourself. I am
          only through 3 of the lessons so far, but have seen many others of the
          related videos. This relates to court because ... to me it relates
          because I think if we understand this new theory, and test the models
          these lessons give us, we can affect outcomes more to our liking. I would
          tend to employ it before court, as I never want to go to court again
          anyway. Part of not going is making nobody want to take you.

          I've used the information most when I play online poker and call for cards
          I need. I can call them about 80% of the time and am even now getting
          good at the suit as well. A witness saw me call for the 4 of spades and
          get it.

          This information has been likened to the time when most people thought the
          world was flat, but sailors were proving that theory false. Now most
          people think the world is round... imagine the changes when that paradigm
          is surpassed!