Letters You Sent the IRS...

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2013

      If you have written the IRS and never heard back from them, or, received in return a letter saying, We need more time...; and then, you never heard back from them, this may interest you:

      Policy Statement P-6-12

          Policy Statement P-6-12 is the result of a team formed to review Corporate Critical Success Factor 61 which dealt with existing requirements for the quality and timeliness of responses issued by the Service.

          A quality product or response is accurate, timely, and addresses all issues based on the information provided.

              Address all taxpayer issues

              Request additional information, if needed, from the taxpayer

              Notify the taxpayer if additional information is needed from outside the Service

              Be written in language the taxpayer can understand

          See IRM 21.3.3.4.2, Policy Statement P-6-12 Procedures.

      http://www.irs.gov/irm/part21/irm_21-003-003.html

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com