- Internal Revenue Manual 188.8.131.52.9.1 (01-25-2008) Address Uploads 1. The IDRS and Master File address is updated when address information becomesMessage 1 of 2 , May 4, 2013View Source
Internal Revenue Manual 184.108.40.206.9.1 (01-25-2008)
1. The IDRS and Master File address is updated when address information becomes available from a tax return processed, a notification of change of address from the taxpayer or by the National Change of Address (NCOA).
The National Change of Address (NCOA) is a United States Postal Service (USPS) database. The IRS accesses the NCOA database to update taxpayer records maintained in the automated Masterfile for the purpose of updating the IRS’s mailing list. The IRS receives a copy of the entire database.
If you did an address change in the Post Office, they have your last known address!!
Call me at: 720-675-7230
On Skype: legalbear
Best times to call: 8:30 am to 9:00 pm MST
Join my Yahoo Group Tips & Tricks for Court by sending an email to:
My blog: legalbearsblog.com
Tax sites: IRSTerminator.com IRSLienThumper.com IRSLevyThumper.com
(formatted like this so this email doesn't end up in your spam folder)
- The address of a taxpayer is known to the IRS via a couple methodologies and all involve YOU volunteering: 1. Last time you submitted a tax form. 2. LastMessage 2 of 2 , May 9, 2013View Source
The "address of a taxpayer" is known to the IRS via a couple methodologies and all involve YOU volunteering:
- Last time you submitted a tax form.
- Last time you submitted a change of address form.
- Other than that they CONJECTURE and hope you volunteer to tell them that their conjecture was ok.The IRS subscribes to the various credit reporting agencies. The credit reporting agencies are used by banks, credit card issuers, background check people, etc. Thus when you fill out a credit application of often change your address for your card, a notation is placed in the credit file. The IRS will peruse these files from time to time if they can't find you or if mail addressed to a previous address comes back. They will then send you out a very nice letter asking you to confirm the address.