Profaning the Name?

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2013

      Have you done any study on what it means to profane the Name of Jahuwah? Calling on the wrong name will not help us when dealing with oppressors. Psalm 91:14 Because I am attached to, take pleasure in, join together with, adhere to, cleave to, and am devoted to you,[1] therefore You deliver me;[2] You set me on high,[3] because I perceive, understand, acquire knowledge about, know, am acquainted with in an intimate way, have knowledge gained through my senses and know You on a personal level and understand Your name.[4] 15 I call upon Your name[1] to summon your aid,[2] and You answer me; You are with me in trouble, You extricate, rescue, and deliver me and make me great and mighty; wealthy; and You honor me and I carry a lot of weight with You.

      Here is part of what I have:

      Ezekiel had something to say about this in chapter 39:

      7 And I will make My set-apart name known in the midst of My people Yisra’el (the practitioners of righteousness), and I will not let them profane My set-apart name any more; and the nations shall know, understand, and realize that I am Jahuwah, the Set-Apart One of Yisra’el.

      “Profane” in this scripture is the Hebrew word chalal {khaw-lal'} (Strong’s H# 2490) meaning in totality the following:

      to profane: Marked by willful disobedience of authority

      The 5th Book of the Law 12:3 says in pertinent part, “…destroy their name out of that place.” We are not supposed to adopt a pagan god’s name and apply it to our Mighty One! To do so is to “profane” it and to be in willful disobedience to the authority of this scripture.

      Profane, cont’d: or lack of due respect for what is dedicated or devoted exclusively to a single use, purpose, or person.

      The Name Jahuwah (Yah-oo-a) is devoted exclusively to Jahuwah Himself and to cover it over and conceal His Name under an adopted pagan name is to not give His Name the respect due it. In Exodus 3:15 Jahuwah says, “…This shall you say to the Yisra'elites: Jahuwah, the Mighty One of your fathers, of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, has sent me to you! This is My name forever, and by this name I am to be remembered to all generations.” Jahuwah has seen to it that HIS Name is not used by anyone else.

      Profane, cont’d: Not admitted into a body of secret knowledge or ritual; uninitiated.

      In John 17:6 Jahshuwah says, “I have manifested Your Name to the people whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, and You gave them to Me, and they have obeyed and kept Your word.” In John 17:26 He says, “I have made Your Name known to them…” And in Hebrews 2:12, “For He says, I will declare Your [the Father's] name to My brethren;…” What can be derived from these scriptures when taken to together is that if you are one of the people that has been given Him out of the world; if you have obeyed and kept Jahuwah’s Word; if you are one of His brethren; then, Jahshuwah will manifest, make known and declare Jahuwah’s Name to you even today, because Hebrews 13:8 says, “Jahshuwah the Anointed One is the same, yesterday, today, and forever.” If you continue to call the Father by pagan names and have little or no interest in disciplining yourself to break your habit then you are one of the uninitiated ones not admitted into the body of secret knowledge respecting what the Father’s Name is.

      Profane, cont’d: to break or disregard a law respecting the properties, character or qualities considered sacred in the Creator’s Name

      “Character” is defined as, “The combination of qualities or features that distinguishes [Jahuwah] from another. A distinguishing feature or attribute…Moral or ethical strength. A description of [Jahuwah]'s attributes, traits, or abilities…Public estimation of someone; reputation: Status or role; capacity: in his character as the Father. A notable or well-known person; a personage…A mark or symbol used in a writing system…One of a set of symbols, such as letters or numbers, that are arranged to express information…Dedicated to the portrayal of [Jahuwah] with regard to distinguishing psychological or physical features…

      We could go on and on about this one. Each of the Hebrew letters that comprises the Father’s name has a meaning. Each of the combinations of letters has a meaning. In fact, the results of King David’s meditation on the Hebrew alphabet are set out in Psalm 119. Each Hebrew letter has both a number and a musical note assigned to it. Inside the sound of the Name itself, if you listen, you can hear the wind which everyone who is born of the Spirit is like. See John 3:8. In each of the syllables of His Name there is a meaning: 1) Jah=the One who is; 2) oo=the One who was; 3) a=the One who is to come. If we think upon His Name, it will tell us a lot about His character. In the wilderness, Jahuwah described himself to Moshè as “I am” which was translated from the Hebrew sound of Hayah; or, the self-existent One; the One who can become whatever we need Him to be. See Exodus 3:14. When we obliterate all of this meaning by blotting out His Name and replacing it with a pagan name like G-o-d we have done what Jahuwah has said in Ezekiel 39:7 He will no longer allow us to do; we have profaned His Name.

      A word used to help in defining the word profane is “defile;” defined as: To make filthy or dirty; pollute: defile a river with sewage. To debase the pureness or excellence of; corrupt: To profane or sully a reputation. To make unclean or unfit for ceremonial use; to violate the chastity of. Jahuwah’s name is excellent. The One like no other has chosen it for Himself to reveal His characteristics to those who seek to know Him. We violate His Commandments when we change it in anyway or substitute pagan names for His Name.

      Another word used to help in defining the word profane is “pollute;” defined as: To make unfit for or harmful to living things, especially by the addition of waste matter. To make less suitable for an activity, especially by the introduction of unwanted factors: To render impure or morally harmful; corrupt. To make unfit for or harmful to living things, especially by the addition of waste matter; contaminate. To make less suitable for an activity, especially by the introduction of unwanted factors. Impure.

      Still another word used to help in defining the word profane is “desecrate;” defined as: To violate the sacredness of; profane. violate the sacred character of Jahuwah’s Name.

      A phrase to help in defining the word profane is “to make common;” defined as: Belonging equally to or shared equally by two or more; joint: common interests. Of or relating to the community as a whole; Widespread; prevalent. Occurring frequently or habitually; usual. Most widely known; ordinary. Having no special designation, status, or rank. Not distinguished by superior or noteworthy characteristics; average. Of no special quality; standard: common procedure. Of mediocre or inferior quality; second-rate. Unrefined or coarse in manner; vulgar. In Exodus 20:7 Jahuwah commands us, "You shall not use or repeat (take) the name of Jahuwah your Mighty Creator in vain..." "Take" is Strong's H# 05375 the Hebrew word nasa' {naw-saw'} with the meaning of to lift, bear up, or carry.  The word “vain” is Strong’s H# 7723 the Hebrew word shav' {shawv} and means:

      emptiness: Holding or containing nothing. Lacking force or power: Lacking purpose or substance; meaningless. Not put to use; idle. Devoid; destitute. Mathematics. Having no elements or members; null: an empty set.

      vanity: Not yielding the desired outcome; fruitless; without success

      falsehood: Lack of conformity to truth

      nothingness: the state of nonexistence

      worthlessness: having no qualities that would render it valuable or useful

      My friends research that followed G-o-d back to its root word using Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance that arrived at emptiness and vanity fills this bill perfectly! Now you know that if you call the Father G-o-d you are breaking this Commandment; what are you going to do about it?!

      Still another word used to help in defining the word profane is “dishonour;” defined as: to treat with indignity-degrading-To impair in physical structure or function; deteriorate; to reduce the complexity of by splitting off one or more groups or larger components ; to debauch: To reduce the value, quality, or excellence of; debase. See Synonyms at corrupt. Archaic. To cause to forsake allegiance. To indulge in dissipation-breaking up and scattering by dispersion. Those who use a hyphenated version of Jahuwah’s Name need to read this. There is a larger group of people that have dishonored Jahuwah’s Son’s Name by calling Him J-e-s-u-s.

      Let us not put the Father in the position of forcing us to not profane His Name; instead, let us choose to do what pleases Him and put Him in a position of having to reward us for having done of our own accord what pleases Him. Bear

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com

      [1] A principle Jahushuwah addressed in John 12:48.

      [2] The prerequisites to deliverance and protection.

      [3] A phrase from Deut. 28. You cannot not be “set on high” until you know and understand His name.

      [4] All these protections go to those who know and understand His Name. Knowing Jah on a personal level has to do with understanding His Name.

      [1] How David summoned Jahuwah’s aid. Also John 14 or 16.

      [2] The disobedient and the rebellious are not allowed to call upon Jah’s Name. See Jer. 44