A Person Faced With Such An Unconstitutional Licensing Law

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2013

      And our decisions have made clear that a person faced with such an unconstitutional licensing law may ignore it and engage with impunity in the exercise of the right of free expression for which the law purports to require a license.[3] "The Constitution can hardly be thought to deny to one subjected to the restraints of such an ordinance the right to attack its constitutionality, because he has not yielded to its demands." Jones v. Opelika, 316 U. S. 584, 602 (Stone, C. J., dissenting), adopted per curiam on rehearing, 319 U. S. 103, 104. Shuttlesworth v. Birmingham, 394 US 147, 151 - Supreme Court 1969

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com