Re: [tips_and_tricks] Effect of "signed under duress" on Govern. Docs

  • Chuck East
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2013
      What about using V.C. or Vi Coactus, meaning signed under constraint.
      Wikipedia definition follows:

      Vi coactus

      From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      Jump to: navigation, search

      Vi coactus is a Latin term, abbreviated as V.C., and means: 'under constraint'. It is used to indicate an agreement made under duress.

      An example of its usage is that of the Dutch 17th century statesman Cornelius de Witt, who was forced to sign the act for restoration of Stadholderate. After all the entreaties by his wife, though he signed the contract but only before adding V.C. to his signature. [1][dead link]

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2013
        > It doesn't often seem that way, but the courts are essentially based on
        > mutual consent. They use words to trick you into thinking otherwise.
        > Several ago one of the Supreme Court justices (sorry I can't recall which
        > one right now) got a little attention (at least from a few folks that
        > aren't sound asleep) by saying that everyone in jail is there voluntarily.
        > I'm sure some folks on this list have a better memory than I and may
        > recall who said it.

        I've been saying it for years, based upon my years of experience in
        California where I have yet to see a proper arraignment, even in my own
        cases, even when the judge has said,, "Oh, you want a PROPER
        ARRAIGNMENT?", and then he goes on to fake one, and gets told, "close, but
        no cigar!" and then they put it off for another two weeks, until 9
        attempts (their seemingly maximum number) and then they dismiss for the
        speedy trial rule or otherwise "dispose" of the problem case.

        It's weird that in the nation in the world with the most prisoners, in the
        state with the most prisoners, all those prisoners are there because they
        were too lazy to read and think a little bit. They failed to have the
        curiosity necessary to find out what steps their opponents had to take to
        incarcerate or fine them, by reading the state constitution and Penal
        Code. They failed to notice and act appropriately when their opponents
        were unqualified to even speak in their presence in the courtroom! They
        made admissions and confessions (the source of 90+% of convictions.) They
        waive rights most times when asked to do so (beginning at the scene of the
        "crime"). Mostly, they're morons, as Mark Dice so frequently proves in his
        You-Tube videos.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7usCHnZ-8c