Re: [tips_and_tricks] Effect of "signed under duress" on Govern. Docs

  • Levi Philos
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2013
      Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork (recently deceased):
      http://famguardian.org/Subjects/Taxes/ChallJurisdiction/Definitions/freemaninvestigation.htm
      ...That is, legally being able to act for him/herself namely, having the legal capacity, ability, and power to manage his/her own affairs, as opposed to someone having relinquished his/her power of judicial action, by giving up his/her power of attorney, and becoming, thereby, a ward of the court. That is, someone considered of unsound mind and under the care of a guardian.

      Truly unbelievable! One is reminded of a remark by Judge Bork, to the effect that 90% of those in prison are there voluntarily i.e., by consent and permission! (You notice that he was not confirmed as a Supreme Court Justice!) Which brings to mind a Supreme Court case, in 1794, where one reads that:

      The only reason, I believe, that a free man is bound by human law, is, that he binds himself. Chisholm v, Georgia, 2, Dall 440, 455.

      On 4/1/2013 1:48 PM, jay hawk wrote:
      It doesn't often seem that way, but the courts are essentially based on mutual consent. They use words to trick you into thinking otherwise. Several ago one of the Supreme Court justices (sorry I can't recall which one right now) got a little attention (at least from a few folks that aren't sound asleep) by saying that everyone in jail is there voluntarily. I'm sure some folks on this list have a better memory than I and may recall who said it.

      --
      This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
      and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2013
        > Once in custody the jailers will want you to sign various
        > things and if you decline saying you do not understand and
        > need counsel first, they may charge you with Disorderly
        > Conduct-failure to sign, with its own trial date to deal with.

        > We need some feedback and examples on how to handle being
        > forced to sign things while in custody. If you sign you may
        < appear to some right or some defense.
        > hobot
        > >
        > > https://www.oag.state.tx.us/opinions/opinions/49cornyn/op/1999/htm/jc0153.htm
        > >
        > > No wonder the jailers told
        > > me when asking for a signature said, "Just sign it, don't put anything
        > > else on there."

      • Chuck East
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2013
          What about using V.C. or Vi Coactus, meaning signed under constraint.
          Wikipedia definition follows:

          Vi coactus

          From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
          Jump to: navigation, search

          Vi coactus is a Latin term, abbreviated as V.C., and means: 'under constraint'. It is used to indicate an agreement made under duress.

          An example of its usage is that of the Dutch 17th century statesman Cornelius de Witt, who was forced to sign the act for restoration of Stadholderate. After all the entreaties by his wife, though he signed the contract but only before adding V.C. to his signature. [1][dead link]

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5, 2013
            > It doesn't often seem that way, but the courts are essentially based on
            > mutual consent. They use words to trick you into thinking otherwise.
            > Several ago one of the Supreme Court justices (sorry I can't recall which
            > one right now) got a little attention (at least from a few folks that
            > aren't sound asleep) by saying that everyone in jail is there voluntarily.
            > I'm sure some folks on this list have a better memory than I and may
            > recall who said it.

            I've been saying it for years, based upon my years of experience in
            California where I have yet to see a proper arraignment, even in my own
            cases, even when the judge has said,, "Oh, you want a PROPER
            ARRAIGNMENT?", and then he goes on to fake one, and gets told, "close, but
            no cigar!" and then they put it off for another two weeks, until 9
            attempts (their seemingly maximum number) and then they dismiss for the
            speedy trial rule or otherwise "dispose" of the problem case.

            It's weird that in the nation in the world with the most prisoners, in the
            state with the most prisoners, all those prisoners are there because they
            were too lazy to read and think a little bit. They failed to have the
            curiosity necessary to find out what steps their opponents had to take to
            incarcerate or fine them, by reading the state constitution and Penal
            Code. They failed to notice and act appropriately when their opponents
            were unqualified to even speak in their presence in the courtroom! They
            made admissions and confessions (the source of 90+% of convictions.) They
            waive rights most times when asked to do so (beginning at the scene of the
            "crime"). Mostly, they're morons, as Mark Dice so frequently proves in his
            You-Tube videos.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7usCHnZ-8c