It Would Be Superfluous To Make Laws...

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2013

      Ever since the time of Bracton, his maxim, I believe, has been deemed a good one — "Supervacuum esset leges condere, nisi esset qui leges tueretur."[†] "It Would Be Superfluous To Make Laws, unless those laws, when made, were to be enforced." When the laws are plain, and the application of them is uncontroverted, they are enforced immediately by the 465#####465 Executive authority of Government. Chisholm v. Georgia 2 U.S. 419, 464-5 (1793) Justice Wilson.

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com