Bribed Judge's Appellate Arguments Fail

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19 9:51 PM

      Operation Graylord busted this judge for receiving bribes to fix cases. He was convicted of RICO violations and obstructing justice. IRS got involved because he wasn’t reporting his bribes. At page 663 there is some really good authority on necessity of federal RICO affecting interstate commerce. It is interesting to me to see how judge bribes work. This judge turned his ill begotten gains into money orders and the FBI noticed. Also interesting to see how others involved turned on the judge and how he tried to do damage control. Also good to see a judge mocked by the federal appellate court when they said, “Maloney's argument on appeal is somewhat convoluted.” and “This house of cards, precarious on its face, falls flat upon closer analysis.” I wonder if the defendant tried to bribe the federal judges. J

      http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=1345772676460866007&q=%22No.+96-6133%22&hl=en&as_sdt=4,60

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com