Notice: Remove My Property from the Tax Rolls

  • Jerry Stanton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 101 KB

    Notice and Affidavit of facts to County Assessor.
    State of North Carolina  SEE Attachment.
    This is a friends document.   Jerry Stanton

  • jay hawk
    Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2013
      This is interesting and informative, but something bothered me. The affidavit is primarily a bunch of statements of the form 'i am not in receipt of any verified evidence that contradicts that yada-yada...'. Please forgive my bluntness, but So what? This seems like a strained or sneaky way of trying to assert something without actually having actual knowledge of it. I don't have evidence that contradicts 'yada-yada', therefore 'yada-yada' must be true. This is logically flawed. So you don't have evidence it isn't true, have you done an exhaustive search of the entire universe? Maybe you stopped looking just when you were ready to find it. And even if you did, that's only one person's knowledge. One of the other billions of inhabitants on the planet may be in receipt of verified evidence that contradicts yada-yada. Shouldn't an affidavit consist of facts according to the knowledge of and certified by the affiant?

      Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2013
        The better format to put the various points in the form of a demur might
        be to state - 'unless contrary evidence presented by the State' these
        are the facts of the matter. ie: no legal entity, not in jurisdiction, etc.
        If the paper work was presented after asking for such contrary evidence
        then its in proper context grammar to the officials he's dealing with, not
        the world at large.   hobot

        Message 4 of 4 , Jan 16, 2013
          This affidavit supposes that the "tax assessor" sets the designation of the
          property, however in Wisconsin, according to the Statutes, the assessor
          prepares the tax roll and gives it to the clerk who is supposed to correct
          it and then CERTIFY it and pass it on to the Treasurer. I'd say that it is
          the Clerk who actually "sets the property designation" with her
          certification. Carole
          "All the Tax Collector does is follow up on the recommendations and
          renderings of the Tax Assessor."