Suspended Attorney: System Is So Corrupt; I Will Not Be Muzzled By It!!

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2013

      Attorney’s Story: Suspended From Practice In 3 State And 13 Federal Courts

      My ex-wife refused to deliver the children, which spawned 6 years of litigation over custody. The horrors of the family court system are not the subject of this campaign, but I was denied a hearing on custody for over 2 years and was adjudged in contempt of court for not paying over $175,000 in child support by a judge who simply rubber-stamped an order drafted by my ex-wife's attorney. As a result, I was incarcerated for 77 days in the Miami-Dade County jail, from which I was ultimately released when the judge belatedly realized I didn't have the ability to pay that amount.

      As a result, the arms-length distance by which lawyers insulate themselves from the glaring injustices of the judicial system in the United States was stripped away from me. In jail, I was forced, by necessity, to punish or be punished in order to survive. As a result, I gained stature among my fellow inmates, which led them to tell me of the brutalizations caused by a criminal justice system that delivered justice in name only.

      The net result was that by the fall of 2006, I had been forged into a lawyer who had no allegiance to the cartel of lawyers who profited off the legal misery of others, was a litigious critic of the judicial system that had insulated itself from any accountability, and was dangerously skilled in both criminal and civil law.

      I was subsequently suspended from the practice of law in three state and thirteen federal courts as a result of my divorce proceedings.  Though my suspensions have run, I have chosen not to return to the practice of law as I believe the system is so corrupt and I will not be muzzled by it as a result of being a member of the bar.

      What a fun guy!! The rest of Montgomery Blair Sibley’s adventures, including a blow by blow account of Sibley’s challenge to Obama’s eligibility is here.

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com