Re: [tips_and_tricks] TIGTA: Use Credit Reports to Locate Taxpayer's New Addresses

  • Roger Hattman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2013

      Often feds will typically send out a benign letter to whatever address (or addresses) they find via credit and wait to see if it comes back.  I believe that merely accepting the mail is enough.

      -

        Often people get a very nice and cordial letter from the IRS asking
        to confirm their address. They don't have the ability to place you at
        a residence or within their service--only you can do that by either
        filing something or telling them your address as a taxpayer.