Re: [tips_and_tricks] Lawful Authority Making You the Head and not the Tail

  • frogfrmr@frogfarm.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2013
      > “Characteristically the Court has defined these elements by
      > identifying the circumstances in which qualified immunity
      > would not be available. Referring both to the objective and
      > subjective elements, we have held that qualified immunity
      > would be defeated if an official "knew or reasonably should
      > have known that the action he took within his sphere of
      > official responsibility would violate the constitutional
      > rights of the [plaintiff], or if he took the action with the
      > malicious intention to cause a deprivation of constitutional
      > rights or other injury . . . ." Harlow v. Fitzgerald
      > <http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=134869208311860
      > 38844&q=%22qualified+immunity%22&hl=en&as_sdt=4,60> , 457 US
      > 800, 815 - Supreme Court 1982.
      >
      > “We therefore hold that government officials performing
      > discretionary functions, generally are shielded from
      > liability for civil damages insofar as their conduct does
      > not violate clearly established statutory or constitutional
      > rights of which a reasonable person would have known.”
      > Harlow v. Fitzgerald
      > <http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=134869208311860
      > 38844&q=%22qualified+immunity%22&hl=en&as_sdt=4,60> , 457 US
      > 800, 815, 818 - Supreme Court 1982.

      I used to carry copies of a "Constructive Notice" designed for traffic
      stops. I got to use it twice, and it "worked" both times, getting me
      wished a nice day.

      Now that they carry microphones and cameras you can do it verbally.

      > "Malice, in common acceptation, means ill will against a
      > person, but in its legal sense it means a wrongful act, done
      > intentionally, without just cause or excuse.”

      "Don't TASE me Bro, I'm not resisting."

      >> Article 12 Section 8. Colorado Constitution. Oath of civil
      > officers. Every civil officer, except members of the general
      > assembly and such inferior officers as may be by law
      > exempted,

      So I ask, "Do you have any special exemptions?"

      > shall, before he enters upon the duties of his
      > office, take and subscribe an oath or affirmation to support
      > the constitution of the United States and of the state of
      > Colorado, and to faithfully perform the duties of the office
      > upon which he shall be about to enter.

      Many do it days or weeks later, or never. It pays to know. When such a
      violation is discovered, most people permit it. Too bad.

      > 24-12-106 C.R.S. False swearing or affirming, perjury.
      >
      > All oaths and affirmations, affidavits, and depositions
      > administered or taken shall subject any person who swears or
      > affirms falsely and willfully, in the matter material to any
      > issue or point in question, to the penalties inflicted by
      > law on persons guilty of perjury in the first degree.

      Ever hear of a man filing a complaint for that?

      > Cotting v. Kansas City Stock Yards Co., 183 US 79, 84 (1901)
      > addresses arbitrary power:
      >
      > “It has been wisely and aptly said that this is a government
      > of laws and not of men; that there is no arbitrary power
      > located in any individual or body of individuals; but that
      > all in authority are guided and limited by those provisions
      > which the people have, through the organic law, declared
      > shall be the measure and scope of all control exercised over
      > them.” Id. @ 84. [emphasis mine]

      I've done really well ever since I decided to take control and exercise
      supreme authority whenever self-admitted fiat servants get uppity.

      > (5) "Racketeering activity" means to commit, to attempt to
      > commit, to conspire to commit, or to solicit, coerce, or
      > intimidate another person to commit:

      Paul Andrew Mitchell exercises his right to act as a Private Attorney
      General so as to combat the racketeers who have taken over offices of
      government. I threaten to exercise it, but haven't had to yet, since I
      only want to be left alone and gave up trying to convince anyone of
      anything.