On Sovereignty not Being Subject to Law

  • E Junker
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2012
      Of interest, perhaps, is an experience I had in municipal court. (N.M.)
      The reason for being in court was an arrest and incarceration one evening by a Uniformed County Employer.
      I refused to provide ID., the driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
      At the "arraignment" the following morning� I was asked by the judge, "How do you plead?"
      My response was, (verbatim), "I don't know how to plead."
      Judge immediately responded, "Case dismissed."
      I thought long and hard about that.
      I wish now I had immediately filed a complaint against the sadist(s) that jailed me.
      Know your rights or forfeit them.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2013
          > Of interest, perhaps, is an experience I had in municipal court. (N.M.)
          > The reason for being in court was an arrest and incarceration one evening
          > by a Uniformed County Employer.
          > I refused to provide ID., the driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
          > At the "arraignment" the following morning  I was asked by the judge,
          > "How do you plead?"
          > My response was, (verbatim), "I don't know how to plead."
          > Judge immediately responded, "Case dismissed."

          Sorry answering so late...still recovering from a fire-bombing here...
          anyway, can you provide the verbatim text of the law requiring you to
          produce identification? Or the charges on the complaint? I've been
          operating under the belief that there was no such law, as it had been the
          subject of a supreme court case back in the 1980's... don't remember the
          case right a this moment... a black guy was carrying a TV down the street
          and got asked for ID and he refused to ID himself. I think it was in
          Texas or California... [Moderator/Bear: Kolender v. Lawson, 461 US 352 - Supreme Court 1983] Last year I had a stand-off here when 3 cops
          wanted me to ID myself, and they could produce no law. They lied and gave
          a fake code number that had nothing to do with it to see if I'd fall for
          it. I didn't. They settled on calling me "John Doe"! Then they punished
          the lead cop who failed to win the issue. I had mercy on him after seeing
          him suffer for a few hours (questioning my neighbors who also did not know
          my name) and so I arranged for him to view a piece of paper that had my
          name on it. He asked if that was my name and I said I wasn't going to ID
          myself, but he could assume anything he had to assume to get off duty
          late. I told Eric that I had nothing against him personally and that this
          just came with the job, that I give everybody a hard time. I told him I'd
          like to be friends with him. I never saw him again, nor did the subjects
          raised that day ever get raised again.

          Anyway, the trick with "ID" is, people who APPLY for it AGREE to produce
          it when asked to do so in the initial application. There is no law
          requiring one to apply for any privilege. Applying is voluntary.

          I just now spent 45 minutes looking for that case, didn't find it, but I
          did find this nice newer brief:

          http://epic.org/privacy/hiibel/epic_amicus.pdf

          I just tell them, "I don't like to be the first person to put my name into
          the record. I think my accuser should be the one to do that, don't you
          agree?" I've never got anything but mumbling for an answer.