Thomas Jefferson on Tolerance of Individuals

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2012

      “Yet Jefferson also believed in compromise. He advised his daughter Patsy to approach all people and all things with forbearance. “Every human being, my dear, must thus be viewed according to what it is good for, for none of us, no not one, is perfect; and were we to love none who had imperfections this world would be a desert for our love,” Jefferson wrote in July 1790. “All we can do is to make the best of our friends: love and cherish what is good in them and keep out of the way of what is bad: but no more think of rejecting them for it than of throwing away a piece of music for a flat passage or two.” Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power, Meacham, Jon; Random House 2012, page 244

      Why wouldn’t we take this same approach to government officials? Seems we should love what we can about them and keep out of the way of what is bad about them. I’m of the opinion that we should lovingly try to correct their misperception that they rule over us with well settled authority demonstrating that they do not.

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com

    • frogfrmr@frogfarm.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 25, 2012
        > I'm of the
        > opinion that we should lovingly try to correct their
        > misperception that they rule over us with well settled
        > authority demonstrating that they do not.

        Yes, since nobody anywhere is following law or doing their job, disqualify
        EVERYBODY instantly then invite them for a drink to explain that your
        non-cooperation with fraud is nothing personal against them per se.