Stamps on documents: tax vs postage, type and why?

  • hobot
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2012
      I've seen references that many legal documents and transactions
      require a type of stamp showing to make them valid to be
      read and taken into consideration by courts. Postage stamps
      pay for mail delivery - tax stamps get delivered notices noticed.
      There may be some significance for placing postage stamps
      on documents but I don't understand why yet. hobot
      > This is the way it was back in 1862, don't know if still in effect
      > partially or on the whole. Rob Ryder was sent this and sent out
      > by stampless email. hobot
      >
      > http://www.archive.org/stream/unitedstatesstam00unitrich#page/26/mode/2up
      hobot