Have You Chosen that Which Cannot be Taken From You??

  • Baruch HaShem
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 14, 2012
      With regard to to the following statements; My friend needs to understand that the Wisdom of ben Sirach is written as a hebraic pun.

      To understand this, The Hebrew word for wisdom (hokmah) is related to a root meaning "skill" or "care" and came to imply "skill in living."

      When you recall that the Master stated clearly in Mat 4:4 "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of Yahuwah." and Luke 4:4 "And Yahushuwah answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of Yahuwah."

      Ben Sirach poses a serious question, "How can we have 'skill in living' when living comes from 'very word of Yahuwah?' How can this be done when one constantly engages in manual labor? When will he have time to learn Torah?"

      --- On Wed,

      38:25 “How can he get wisdom that holds the plough, and that enjoys the goad, that drives oxen, and is occupied in their labors, and whose talk is of bullocks? 26 He gives his mind to make furrows; and is diligent to give the kine fodder.

        I have attempted to explain over and over that such a one, such a laborer, can get all the wisdom he needs by asking Father.