Re: [tips_and_tricks] Consent to Jurisdiction

  • hobot
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2012
      On 11/6/2012 2:33 PM, Legalbear wrote:

      Ordinarily, a defendant enters a general appearance in a case by seeking relief which acknowledges jurisdiction or by other conduct manifesting consent to jurisdiction. People in Interest of JMW, 542 P.2d 392, 393 - Colo: Court of Appeals, 2nd Div. 1975. The essence of an appearance as used in C.R.C.P. 55(b)(2) is a cognitive submission of oneself to the jurisdiction of the court. Id.

      I've challenged a county district court jurisdiction by venue as I
      nor the lawyer have any nexus with this county. Also the lawyer
      styled his case with Federal Collection Act which only US
      district court have jurisdiction to hear.  Judge then send
      a <request> to me and lawyer for a jurisdiction hearing.
      I wrote back, Dear Ed [the judge] and Suzanne [lawyer],
      that I declined to join their hearing but they could discuss
      the lawyer bringing case into wrong court knowingly. Judge
      tried to trick me into following one of his requests.
      LIke FF says, if they ain't qualified or have jurisdiction
      then just another neighbor to wave at.  Big stuff is
      in trusts and bank w/o tax #, so nothing to lose on credit
      card case. hobot

      hobot