Cell Phone Tracking Breach of Privacy

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2012

    Hmmm, seems everywhere I go, there are the cops! How could this be? Turns out your cell phone is worse than being on a court ordered ankle bracelet. S.Ct. just ruled on a warrantless tracking device by reversing a conviction: http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=6122276400056758151&q=tracking+%22533+US+27%22&hl=en&as_sdt=4,60 Officials did have a warrant to attach the device. The details: to attach the device in Washington D.C. within 10 days. They attached it in Maryland on the 11th day=warrantless. Search for cell phone tracking law enforcement to learn how rampant this is.

    This has got me thinking about the 3rd Amendment to the Bill of Rights: No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

    Wikipedia says about this, “…the First Congress considered quartering of troops to have been one of the tools of oppression before and during the American revolution.”

    Imagine how oppressive that would feel to have one of King George’s minions living right there in your house, reporting back anything done or said against his interests. Also, this resident is keeping track of where you hid your papers and effects. It would make complying with the 4th Amendment a piece of cake with regard to specifics.

    Attached is the Kyllo case where cops used technology to violate someone’s rights.

    Call me at: 720-675-7230

    On Skype: legalbear

    My blog: legalbearsblog.com

  • Legalbear