RE: [tips_and_tricks] Calif. S.Ct. on Jurisdiction

  • Gary- D
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2012
      Here in Pa the same procedure, however the court
      have ruled this in and of itself does not confirm
      jurisdiction, when it is well settled on the record
      by objection, as noted, while one wades through to
      get the relief sought.

      My brief to the Superior Court of Pa as attachment
      for learning.

      Kindest regards, Gary

      Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication (including any attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U. S. C. 2510 et seq. This communication is CONFIDENTIAL. The work product contained herein are PRIVILEGED and intended only for disclosure to or use by the person(s) listed above. If you are neither the intended recipient(s), nor a person responsible for the delivery of this communication to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by using the "reply" feature and then immediately delete this message and all attachments from your computer. Sender exercises his 1st amendment protection, nothing herein is legal advice for such seek an attorney at law. All rights reserved, without prejudice. Thanking you. Delete all within five (5) days.

      To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
      From: ebobie@...
      Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 18:05:36 -0500
      Subject: Re: [tips_and_tricks] Calif. S.Ct. on Jurisdiction

      Bear, while this research is fresh on your mind I wonder if you or anyone found a case where status of a defendant caused lack of jurisdiction. I am working on a small claim court's service of a petition and trying to avoid litigation therein because in my state the defendant must pay $75.00 up front to move it to another court where there is a record and right of appeal.If you lose in the small claims court here you have no right of appeal and if you request transfer to another court you must first pay an advance cost of $75.00. The rules of evidence do not apply but jurisdiction surely does. Just how they can charge a defendant any cost before judgment seems to be a due process issue. As far as I know a court that denies due process loses jurisdiction.  If you don't transfer the court will proceed without you and ...no appeal.