Wikipedia on Signatures

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2012

      From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature

      “The traditional function of a signature is evidential: it is to give evidence of:

          The provenance of the document (identity)

          The intention (will) of an individual with regard to that document

      “For example, the role of a signature in many consumer contracts is not solely to provide evidence of the identity of the contracting party, but also to provide evidence of deliberation and informed consent.”

      After thinking this over I am convinced, everywhere THE GOVERNMENT asks you for a signature, they are asking for evidence of deliberation and YOUR INFORMED CONSENT!

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com

    • frogfrmr@frogfarm.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2013
        > After thinking this over I am convinced, everywhere THE
        > GOVERNMENT asks you for a signature, they are asking for
        > evidence of deliberation and YOUR INFORMED CONSENT!

        LONG JOHN SILVER (Grace Slick, Jack Casady)

        Long John Silver, ring in his ear
        He's the hero, make that clear
        Does the same thing his father did
        SailS 'round the Caribbean
        Robbing kings with his talking parrot
        This time I think he's on the high side

        Scabs are forming, scraped his knee
        Guards are warning a bad man is free
        He's like electric clock that needs no winding
        Keeps the time without your hands
        Western feet that need no binding
        Take a barefoot run through old Japan

        He's seen a thousand countries
        They're all the same
        Some men are crazy, some of them sane
        But all men are ruled by a flag or a game
        And he knows nobody's got you
        If you don't sign your name

        Long John Silver serves no king
        No land holds him, that's why he feels like
        Just like singing
        Every country now and then
        Roars like Irish, drunk as sin
        Every monk will now and then
        Call his men to hear the wenches' night bells ringing

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOFg8-vEBiQ&feature=player_embedded