Standing by Things Decided & Daily Affairs

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2012

      And if the doctrine of stare decisis has any meaning at all, it requires that people in their everyday affairs be able to rely on our decisions and not be needlessly penalized for such reliance. Cf. Flood v. Kuhn, 407 U. S. 258, 283 (1972); Wallace v. M'Connell, 13 Pet. 136, 150 (1839). United States v. Mason, 412 US 391, 399-400 - Supreme Court 1973

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com