Re: Oaths

  • jamiesmom54
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25 1:42 PM
      Did you know that before going into court on a case concerning you that you should go to the Clerk of Court and request a copy of the judges "Oath of Office". Watch them be confounded and even question your right to the document. In court you advise the judge that you have his oath with you and you "accept" his oath of office. This binds him by way of contract to follow his oath to the letter of the law. He MUST take the oath and is held accountable if he does not keep it in it's entirety. (Following is from Maryland. Most states are similar in content) Every person elected, or appointed, to any office of profit or trust, under this Constitution, or under the Laws, made pursuant thereto, shall, before he enters upon the duties of such office, take and subscribe the following oath, or affirmation: I, _______________, do swear, (or affirm, as the case may be,) that I will support the Constitution of the United States; and that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the State of Maryland, and support the Constitution and Laws thereof; and that I will, to the best of my skill and judgment, diligently and faithfully, without partiality or prejudice, execute the office of________________, according to the Constitution and Laws of this State, (and, if a Governor, Senator, Member of the House of Delegates, or Judge,) that I will not directly or indirectly, receive the profits or any part of the profits of any other office during the term of my acting as___________ (originally Article I, sec. 6, renumbered by Chapter 681, Acts of 1977, ratified Nov. 7, 1978)
      (Sandie Young) Judges also must take out a "bond". You can sue the bond if you cannot sue the judge directly. Once he or she looses the bond they usually cannot get another. I would add to get the "states' attorney's oath, the bailiff and anyone involved with the case.