SCOTUS

  • konecuhdan
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2012
      Bear,
      Shalom!

      I came across this (the last paragraph) while reading the Brit and thought it might be of interest to the list.

      The acronym SCOTUS  (Supreme Court of the United States ) when pronounced as a word, has the same pronunciation as the Greek word with the following definition. Methinks it is not coincidence!!

      G4655  in Strong's Concordance.

      Σκότος  skotos

      skot'-os

      shadiness, that is, obscurity (literally or figuratively): - darkness.

      Daniel

    • E Junker
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 2012
        And the Supreme Court of Florida: SCOFLA