Opening bank accout w/o government issued ID?

  • hobot
    Message 1 of 10 , May 7, 2012
      I found this out by looking into major University registration info on visiting professors who are not US PERSONs nor US residents to obtain bank and Dr. Lic. There is a Dept of Treasury internal memo sent to all DMV's and banks that SSA will not check up on TIN or SSN and the Gov't and bank staff must take what's reported to them as true and complete the applications for account of dr. lic. W8BEN is perfectly designed to do so, IF you find the right variation of its various versions of format that is easy to fill in and tick off as not qualifying for a SSN nor bank treaties.

      hobot
    • jem5733
      Message 2 of 10 , May 8, 2012
        Re: Opening bank accout w/o government issued ID?

        QUESTION 5.11:  < http://sedm.org/FAQs/FAQs-Sect5.htm  >

        Question 5.11:  How do I open a checking account or bank account without a "Taxpayer Identification Number"?

        Answer 5.11:  The following procedure is ONLY intended for persons who meet ALL of the requirements of our Member Agreement, Form #01.001 .  If you do NOT meet all of the requirements, this procedure is not recommended and in many cases will NOT work:

        1. Complete all the requirements of becoming a Member:

          1.1  Submit the Resignation of Compelled Social Security Trustee, Form #06.002 .

          1.2  Submit the Legal Notice of Change in Domicile/Citizenship Records and Divorce from the United States, Form #10.001 .

          1.3  Apply for a passport as a "non-citizen national" and a "nonresident alien" and WITHOUT an government identifying number.  You should use NOTHING for ID that will link you to a government number AFTER you terminate Social Security Participation.

          http://famguardian.org/Subjects/Taxes/Citizenship/ApplyingForAPassport.htm  (OFFSITE LINK)

          If you want to understand why the above three steps are necessary, read:

            Developing Evidence of Citizenship and Sovereignty, Form #12.002

            Why You Are a "national" or a "state national" and not a "U.S. citizen", Form #05.006

            Nonresident Alien Position, Form #05.020

        2. Read and thoroughly understand either one of the following two articles:

          2.1  About SSNs and TINs on Government Correspondence, Form #07.004

          2.2  About SSNs and TINs on Government Correspondence, Form #05.012

        3. Complete and submit the   Affidavit of Citizenship, Domicile, and Tax Status, Form #02.001  to the institution and explain that it satisfies the requirements found in 26 CFR ยง1.1441-6(c)(1) and constitutes a "certificate of residence" in lieu of a W-8BEN form, which is only for use by "taxpayers" and "beneficial owners" and you are neither.
        4. If they do not accept the above, use the AMENDED IRS Form W-8BEN  with the Affidavit of Citizenship, Domicile and Tax Status, Form #02.001 .
        5. If the Above does not work, use the STANDARD IRS form W-8BEN  prepared according to the instructions in our article About IRS Form W-8BEN, Form #04.202   and attach the Tax Form Attachment, Form 04.201

        The above has consistently worked for many of our readers. Maker sure you follow the About IRS Form W-8BEN, Form #04.202, Section 8  faithfully and read this article several times and thoroughly understand everything it says so you can think on your feet and forcefully defend what the law requires in front of the sharpest bank clerk or bank manager.  If you don't do your homework and are not able to quickly respond to any questions or concerns they have by showing them the law that authorizes what you are doing, then the legal ignorance of the average bank teller or financial institution may cause them to falsely suspect you are a tax evader and they may decide later to refuse to do business with you, even though you are doing nothing wrong or unlawful.

        THE LAW IS YOUR FRIEND.  KNOW IT, FOLLOW IT, AND USE IT IN YOUR DEFENSE OR LOSE YOUR LIBERTY.

        http://www.worldservice.org/docpass.html

      • lg900df@rock.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 9, 2012

          Re: SEDM approach

          SEDM is very complete however you don't need to do all those steps to use a form W8BEN modified or not.

          Nearly any bank around here will grant an account based upon a form W8BEN. Some even offered it. However ALL banks around here accept it only upon presentation of a foreign passport or Mexican Matriclardo ID card. You can find this online in how to open up accounts...for example...buried on PNC Bank's website even.

          My experience with any bank and handing them anything on law, citizenship, etc.:
          The banks LOOK at the legal paperwork but come back with: "Our legal department has no comment on your paperwork. We write our own policy on whom we accept for an account. Our policy states we need a foreign passport or Mexican ID card with a filled-out form W8BEN. Sorry!"

          BTW:
          Just in case you're thinking of using the law sections on them, the banks are WELL prepared for that one. The bank association puts out a newsletter. In there was a discussion on that topic as many people approached the banks on that topic. One banker was kind enough to show me the copy saying "it is part of our training."

          BTW2: I'm not saying NOT to try it. I'm just giving you the heads-up as knowledge is power..

          --

          rock.com