Re: Judicial Creed - Those who interpret the laws govern everything

  • vivus_spartacus
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2012

      Re: Judicial Creed:

      "Those who pass the laws govern nothing. Those who interpret the laws govern everything." —Ron Branson

      If a "law" is not plainly clear so as that those of reasonable intelligence and commonsense can easily agree as to its meaning and come to the same conclusion, then it is not at any law, in any way at all, but rather void for vagueness.

      Those who must rely on public servants to explain or otherwise interpret the law for them, are either non compos mentis, or wards of the court, and thus not Citizens of the Sovereign Class, We The People.

      Ergo:

      "Ignorance of fact excuses; Ignorance of the law excuses not. Every man must be
      taken to be cognizant of the law; otherwise there is no saying to what extent
      the excuse of ignorance may not be carried."
      Black's Law Dictionary Sixth Edition Centennial Edition (1891-1991)page 747

      Ergo:

      When ignorance gets started it knows no bounds.
      Will Rogers

      Ergo:

      "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance and people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." James Madison

      We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
      Benjamin Franklin

      Leviticus 19:36; Deuteronomy 25:15-16
      Proverbs 20:10;23
      I John 4:6

      Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your
      getting, Get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

      "vivus spartacus"
      All Rights Reserved

      It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a
      prey to the active. The condition upon which G-d hath given liberty
      to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude
      is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his
      guilt. John Philpot Curran (1750-1817)

      If there is no struggle there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing up the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

      This struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, and it may be both moral and physical, but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

      Frederick Douglass, "If There Is No Struggle, There Is No Progress"

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 24, 2012
        > Rehnquist's Creed:
        >
        > "If experience demands a presumption that a judge will seize every
        > opportunity presented to him in the course of his official conduct to
        > line his pockets, no canon of ethics or statute regarding
        > disqualification can save our judicial system."
        > -Justice William
        > Rehnquist

        I don't disqualify them to save any system - I disqualify them to save
        myself!

        Try it; you'll like it!