Twitter Sues So-Called Spam Software Providers [1 Attachment]

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2012

      Another thought; maybe defending a Twitter suit from the Philippines is easier than I thought:

      Hmmm, does the long arm jurisdiction of a US federal court reach into a foreign country? If it did, couldn't US companies sue Chinese companies for Trademark/Trade dress violations? I don't think they can. I'm pretty sure that the Philippines at this time is an independent foreign country. If Twitter gets a judgment, or an injunction, how are they going to enforce it in a foreign country?

      Here are my comments:

      Thanks for posting the complaint. After reading it, and having my background in law, I agree with your assessment as to it is not looking good. Based on this complaint, I can see why the license won't validate.

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com