Re: [tips_and_tricks] Land Patents

  • enilak666@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 21, 2011
      I once corresponded with the original patent holder of the land patent I hold as the second Assign, my father having purchased the land from the original holder, then I from my father.
      My property was patented around 1968 by way of the BLM.

      Why do you ask ??

      Bill

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 22, 2011
        many people have patents, the problem is getting any county or state agency to recognized they have any value..the land patents are there, they just need to be brought forward to the new assign in the proper way.

        To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
        From: harmleccidiot@...
        Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 04:06:59 +0000

        Anybody know of anyone who has successfully received a land patent?

        Tom

      • Dave Pierce
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 23, 2011
          Hi Danny:   Obtaining a certified copy of a land patent for one's property is easy to do.   Submit to the Bureau of Land Management in Alexandria, VA a description of the property which you have title to along with the needed fee.  You will eventually receive a copy.
            Once you have received your copy, you will have to find an attorney (hopefully in your geographical area) who is knowledgeable about land patents.  This will take some, possibly a  lot of, work.   Competent legal counsel is needed.   You may have to search the web for such attorneys.  Keep at it.  (Danny, start your search for such attorney(s) today.)

          Dave

          To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
          From: harmleccidiot@...
          Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 04:06:59 +0000

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 23, 2011
            What I've learned from the BLM here on the West coast is that the original land patentee's name can not be changed, but you may file your name as the present Assign with your county recorder under their misc. file. This creates a legal document that you are now the present patent holder. Once that is recorded, have several certified copies made for your records and future legal use.You may even wish to use a local escrow company and pay them to furnish an Abstract of Title showing the status of your land and who presently owns it.

            Bill

            To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
            From: harmleccidiot@...
            Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 04:06:59 +0000

            Anybody know of anyone who has successfully received a land patent?

            Tom

          • Cliff Bass
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 24, 2011
              Please understand that a land patent is only a Quit Claim Deed actually.  The government quit all of its interest in the public land by their sale of such land.  By that sale the tract became private land.