Federal Register for "administrative appeal"

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2011
      Greetings group!

      Is anyone aware of the statutory or regulatory requirements for seeking an "administrative appeal" for an agency failing to be in compliance with a FOIA request?

      For example: the district courts appear to be using a 5 USC 556 hearing to consider the arguments in a "tax case". However there is no such procedure detailed in the Federal Register. At the moment, I cannot remember how I confirmed this fact. Anyone care to remind me, please?

      Court citations concerning this issue would be appreciated as well.

      Thank you in advance for your help.

      Michael