Hospital Refuses to hand over My FULL Medical Records File

  • A
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2011
      Just to state since dealing with Medical Records, the records in question are mine...

      Problem- Hospital Refuses to release me my entire medical file/Talk with me/ Discuss with me in anyway shape or form, and when I filled out all the proper/legal paperwork they put their entire legal team up against me to block me every path I could take...

      Brief Backdrop- I currently have a ("SCS" which is a Spinal cord stimulator) and 20 milliliter pain pump both permanently implanted in me.. Chronic Pain multiple back surgery etc... 2009 I had the strongest pain med that has since been the only pain med approved by the ( FDA Food & Drug Administration )in over 20 years.. The pain med is snail venom...

      To give you an idea to compare the obvious.. The synthetic venom is milligram to milligram comparison is 1000 (one-thousand) times stronger than morphine... The drug is called "Prialt" also known as Ziconotide... There is tons of info I could tell about this med, since I can say from firsthand experience, but will leave that out for now..

      What I was on during the time of when things went to worse than Hell... Literally ...

      Ziconotide-- Concentration mix was the following Prialt 100micrograms/1mililiter mixed with 0.9% Saline solution of 19 milligrams, which gives the strongest concentration used medically it converts to 10microgramsgs/per milliliter in a 20 milliliters pump, At an infusion rate of 7.9999 micrograms/24hours at 10micrograms per milliliter...

      This was the highest I reached and it was my last titration a week before....

      A week later on the above on top of taking methadone orally, still driving still working might I add, I was normal as anyone else, due to my odd way of how I process meds, (High tolerance)

      Things went nuts.. Literally my wife could not leave me alone therefore requiring me to be taken to the hospital, and requiring people to give me 24 hour round the clock care.. NO one in the entire hospital of over 20 thousand employees had ever seen anything so severe, or even knew what to do with me.. NO ONE!!!!! I was placed on the psych floor and on lock down, requiring security to be on guard all the time.. I had no idea who I was for the first 3 weeks I had no idea who anyone else was including my family.. I vaguely remember many bits and pieces during the first 2-3 weeks, then it was like waking up from being dead and being born again but being over 30 yrs. old it was like taking a 2 year old and running the country it was reality hitting hard and fast.... I had so many people in there pretending to be patients etc it was a mad house any ways the details can get long so I will finish up quickly......

      Long story short I ended up having to go to court myself taken by the sheriff’s dept. in cuffs to get a judge to sign me out to get out of the hospital, because the MD's and other posers and insurance people all over the place pretending to be patients etc. it was a mess.. Judge looked at me and I made a brief statement and she granted me ok by law to be discharged & leave.. So, after being in the hospital for 2 months, I was out.. Went back to work 4 weeks later I was fired anyone who’s anyone can figure that out.. I had 30% raises and good work history prior... That's ok not worried about that one... I was going to continue to go until I couldn't take it anymore, I sure as hell didn't want to deal with Disability, because it sucks literally Now being 2011 and signing all the legal papers the hospital still is putting up a wall and will not give me my full medical file...

      Wrapping Up--- My current Doctor not affiliated with hospital has talked to me about my medical records and had written and signed a letter stating that he sees no reason at all why they should not give me my Full medical file...

      ********My issue--- Legally... The hospital is prohibiting/keeping me from seeking further medical attention outside the United States that I see fit... ******** The ("OCR" Office Of Civil Rights) is looking into things so far... Also when my current Doctor tried to get the hospital to send him a copy in the beginning he got rejected/ and he's a Medical doctor/surgeon in a Huge practice. Even he said something is not right...

      More juice--- When he went over my records, I noted and had it explained to me by my Doctor, so I call the insurance company BCBS Blue Cross Blue Shield, which we no longer have coverage under, called and asked many people about specific, that are in my medical records, but the insurance company has no record of many things at all.. No one will talk about anything, and no one will do anything....

      I don't care who this gets forwarded to outside this group to figure out anything that I can do.. Right now I just have to sit and suffer literally ....

      Anyone?????

      ~A