Re: [tips_and_tricks] Re: IRS 4340 Certification of Assessment

  • Jake
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12, 2011

      > What code number shows an invalid SSN freeze, that you have seen on every IMF? Is the code number listed in the IMF line items that detail each transaction, or is it at the top of the page you are looking at?

      In the "Entity" section on page 1 of an "IMF-MCC-TRANSCRIPT-COMPLETE" you will see (on the right side) "VAL-1".  That's a "validity" code which indicates "permanent invalid SSN freeze".  And underneath it is an "SCS -  " field, which usually has no number after the dash, but may have a 1 or a 2 after the dash.  SCS-1 indicates the SSN has not been verified with the S.S. Admin. & SCS-2 indicates that it has, but 'VAL-1" has been on every IMF I've ever seen (regardless of what the SCS field says) & I've been working with them since 1997.

      ~ ~ ~