Re: IRS 4340 Certification of Assessment

  • optionqueen2002
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12 9:23 AM
      What code number shows an invalid SSN freeze, that you have seen on every IMF? Is the code number listed in the IMF line items that detail each transaction, or is it at the top of the page you are looking at?

      I ask because every IMF does not contain this code, but it will appear at the top of the computer screen displaying the taxpayer IMF. That can print out, depending on who prints the IMF and how. It's at the top of the screen because that is a default field for the operator to use - the only codes that matter and pertain to the case are in the line items, i.e., 530-followed by explanation; 150-followed by payment explanation, etc.

      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Jake <jake_28079@...> wrote:

      >    > SEDM/Family Guardian has the closest thing to an automatic IMF decoder
      >

      > I've tried that a few times & didn't find it to be a time-saver.  And it's nowhere near as accurate & detailed as doing the job manually.
    • Jake
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 12 2:58 PM

        > What code number shows an invalid SSN freeze, that you have seen on every IMF? Is the code number listed in the IMF line items that detail each transaction, or is it at the top of the page you are looking at?

        In the "Entity" section on page 1 of an "IMF-MCC-TRANSCRIPT-COMPLETE" you will see (on the right side) "VAL-1".  That's a "validity" code which indicates "permanent invalid SSN freeze".  And underneath it is an "SCS -  " field, which usually has no number after the dash, but may have a 1 or a 2 after the dash.  SCS-1 indicates the SSN has not been verified with the S.S. Admin. & SCS-2 indicates that it has, but 'VAL-1" has been on every IMF I've ever seen (regardless of what the SCS field says) & I've been working with them since 1997.

        ~ ~ ~