Re: Internal Revenue Code, Statutory Construction, & the Term "Includes"

  • RadarBruce
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2011
      It's my understanding that "individual" means "individual proprietorship," as in "sole proprietorship," a form of business. Missouri law defines it that way. Individual does not mean individual person, because those cannot be taxed for the mere right of living. Individual proprietorships, however, can be taxed, and that's what the IRS thinks YOU are, if you don't tell them otherwise.