Re: [tips_and_tricks] Internal Revenue Code, Statutory Construction, & the Term "Includes"

  • oim4jr1@cox.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2011
      http://www.whatistaxed.com shows how to do a Boolean Search for "individual"
      using the Government Printing Office
      website - which always returns the same results: alien or nonresident alien
      - and never anyone in the private sector.

      It's all about government and privileges & benefits and never about the
      private sector.

      ~ C.
    • RadarBruce
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2011
        It's my understanding that "individual" means "individual proprietorship," as in "sole proprietorship," a form of business. Missouri law defines it that way. Individual does not mean individual person, because those cannot be taxed for the mere right of living. Individual proprietorships, however, can be taxed, and that's what the IRS thinks YOU are, if you don't tell them otherwise.