Re: [tips_and_tricks] passports and SSN's

  • hobot
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2011
      Duh, that's what SSN is for, even on driver lic. applications, so I don't have Dr. lic. just
      a passport w/o SSN. The passport SSN requirement reference only applies to TIN/EIN
      no personal SSN, so no issue and no penalty to leave it off, unless you apply as a US
      PERSON. Duh. Passports are for safe passage through foreign countries and United
      States is a foreign country to those with domicile in Untied States of America.  The
      cases that say different do not apply to this situation and Customs Dept knows it.

       hobot

      On 7/6/2011 9:36 PM, MadDogMarine wrote:

      > http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-11-272 [1]

      Most interesting link. Now we know the real reason the Dept of State has
      been
      pushing the issue of obtaining SSN's for passports.

      "Have unpaid taxes,will not travel"

      These criminals know no end to their scheming.