Re: Do I owe "income" taxes

  • Dave Kushin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5, 2011
      First, I want to thank very much all who responded for your willingness to help -- some very interesting responses.

      Second, I hereby agree that I take no response as advising me not to pay taxes or anything which might be contrary to any law, including giving legal advice or practicing law.

      Third, I am nowhere even remotely close to being ready or willing to tangle with or oppose the IRS, so no one needs to advise me to continue filing or paying or anything along that line.  Right now I'm just trying to get to the truth about the IRC as simply and understandably as possible.

      My main source of data has been Pete Hendrickson.  I've also read that "wages" are not taxable because they are not profit.  But Pete wrote, "all 'income' received as 'wages' over the statutory exemption amount is generally deemed to be 'profit' in the context of the tax, and always has been."

      So as I understand it, according to Pete, money received for private sector labor, services, etc. is not taxable because it is not federally privileged -- the reason it is not taxable does not have to do with whether or not it is profit.

      That's the main point I want to clarify right now.

      Dave